Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to install something up to 4000 watts 24/7

Options
  • 16-06-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am going to be installing a computer system in my house which will run 24/7 and consume up to 4000 watts per hour. Should there be any problem with this and can I get a special rate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

It will deffo be worth putting in a night rate meter if you are consuming this sort of power 24/7. At 14cent per kwh this system will cost you approx 13.4euro per day to run. With night rate this would be cut to about 11 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi euser1984,

As maddragon correctly pointed out, we have a Nightsaver tariff available which would benefit customers with the kind of around the clock consumption you're talking about.

See here for further information. And if you would like to avail of the Nightsaver, please feel free to PM me your details and I'll look after it for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Quick response - thank you.

Advertisement