Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Caught"

• 16-06-2011 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Today, about 1 min before the exam began, some fella across from me asked for a pen. I quickly threw him one, since it was before anything had started. Grand, all done.

An hour later he went to leave early. I didn't notice until he threw the pen back at me and whispered "Thanks". Jesus ****ing Christ, I nearly died. The examiner came down to him to take his paper because he had his hand up to leave early. Then, he started whispering something the guy and went and wrote something down. At this stage I was nearly getting sick - he didn't say anything to me though. That was that, guy left, exam continued, I finished my questions looked over them and stayed until half 12. Examiner never said anything to me during the whole thing.

I put a lot of hours into Biology, and I'm hoping for a B on that paper. I'm not prepared to have my entire Leaving Cert cancelled over this after all the work I put in. Yeah in retrospect it was a silly to give him a pen in the first place seeing as he allowed himself to forget them. I didn't want to go up at the end and say "Hey, btw, I wasn't cheating!" - it seems a bit detrimental to the situation. But I would have been removed if the examiner really thought I was involved in cheating, right? ;_; Incoming two months of this haunting me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Noon_ wrote: »
    Examiner never said anything to me during the whole thing.

Well shur your aright then,

TBH If I were you, its the English exam I'd be worried about; its fair hard to understand that post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Relax if he didn't say anything to you nothing more will come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Usually the examiner has to take the details of who is leaving the room and also they are supposed to say to those leaving early something along the lines of "are you happy with what you've down or do you want to read over it".

Wouldn't worry, if you were suspected of cheating you are obliged to be informed before exiting the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Why not text the guy who you gave the pen to to find out what the supervisor said?

He could have only been asking him was he sure he was finished etc.. My supervisor asked me that when I left Irish after an hour..! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Noon_

Plazaman wrote: »
    Usually the examiner has to take the details of who is leaving the room and also they are supposed to say to those leaving early something along the lines of "are you happy with what you've down or do you want to read over it".

Wouldn't worry, if you were suspected of cheating you are obliged to be informed before exiting the room.

Okay well that made me calm down a good bit... My mam thinks I'm crazy for worrying so much, which I probably am :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

chillout;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

People who cheat don't stand up and whisper to you for everyone in the hall to see.

Advertisement