Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grass fed/organic beef, lamb, etc..

Options
  • 16-06-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

just wondering if any farmers sell direct around galway. im about an hour outside the city (near mountbellew.) i know most cattle here are grass fed, but i know that a lot of farmers supplement corn/grains in winter and colder months. also looking to find pastured chicken, turkey. basically i want organic natural meat. i am gluten intolerant, and i get affected by meats that have been fed a gluten grain diet. it can be very frustrating. lately i have been eating wild caught seafood, because its the only thing i can eat without getting reactions. any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

I don't know if they will fullfill all of your requirements, but flannerys meats on the road from loughrea - gort (also they sell in oranmore on thursdays) sell mainly their own meat from their farm, so they could at least maybe point you in the right direction. heres their site (not very well kept up to date)
    http://www.flannerymeats.ie/page/flannerys-meats-galway/flannerys-farm-fresh-meats-galway-our-meat

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps ask in Farming too, one of the guys there might know someone who does organic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

thanks for the info. i will def. check that out and post in farming. is it a farmers market in oranmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The Friendly Farmer near Athenry rears poultry

http://thefriendlyfarmer.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

i think its a farmers market in oranmore yeah

thanks for the info guys. appreciate it. i posted this in the farmers area...looks to have started WWIII, LOL. looks like we have some real cowboy farmers out there who know it all. "organic is a load of rubbish" according to one guy

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    i think its a farmers market in oranmore yeah

Farmers market on Thursdays in Oranmore from 1pm until 6pm as far as I know.

The butcher (Flannerys) has superb meat indeed. They also sell from their premises but only certain days of the week (I forget though).

Valerie :)

Edit : Actually, not quite sure if one could describe it as a farmers market really - It's quite small. Can be found : fish, (expensive) organic vegetables, cheese, meat and various breads/cakes/jams. Might be a few more but that's basically it.

ValerieR wrote: »
    Farmers market on Thursdays in Oranmore from 1pm until 6pm as far as I know.

The butcher (Flannerys) has superb meat indeed. They also sell from their premises but only certain days of the week (I forget though).

Valerie :)

Edit : Actually, not quite sure if one could describe it as a farmers market really - It's quite small. Can be found : fish, (expensive) organic vegetables, cheese, meat and various breads/cakes/jams. Might be a few more but that's basically it.

thanks. i really need to check out this flannery's place. their website said fri-sat they are open to the public i think. ill check again. do you know where it is? their website says click an area for a map, but the map doesn't pop up.

yea, sounds just like the market in ballinasloe. very small....really wish a bigger one would be put together. must check out claregalways again. supposed to be a lot better now. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

thanks. i really need to check out this flannery's place. their website said fri-sat they are open to the public i think. ill check again. do you know where it is? their website says click an area for a map, but the map doesn't pop up.

yea, sounds just like the market in ballinasloe. very small....really wish a bigger one would be put together. must check out claregalways again. supposed to be a lot better now. thanks again

I don't remember when they're open to the public. Their website is a little out of date indeed, unless people are already ordering their turkeys for next Christmas !! :pac:

They're here

Hope this helps.

Valerie

• Advertisement

ValerieR wrote: »
    I don't remember when they're open to the public. Their website is a little out of date indeed, unless people are already ordering their turkeys for next Christmas !! :pac:

They're here

Hope this helps.

Valerie

haha, yea. i saw those xmas turkey orders. i emailed them anyway, so hoping i hear back from them soon.

thanks a lot for that val. i appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

The butcher at the market in Oranmore Is a real gent, you couldn't meet nicer. Meat is great also

Advertisement