Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted Sites for Paranormal Investigation

Options
  • 16-06-2011 2:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking for suggestions for a Paranormal Investigation that we will be doing soon. We are a radio station based in Bray and we did a pretty good one in Wicklow Gaol last year, does anybody have any suggestions of places they have been before that would be worth checking out, preferably somewhere within Dublin/Wicklow or surrounding counties.

Somebody in the office mentioned Killiney Hill as a possible location, I remember hearing stories of some weird things happening up there. Another place that was mentioned was an old castle in Rathmichael called "Pucks Castle" anybody have any experience with these 2 places or any other locations that they can suggest.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxFallenPrisexx

There's the hellfire club, although that's probably an obvious one, there's Glasnevin cemetery, Killakee House rathfarnham..

That's just a few public places I can think of that are fairly infamous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

The hotel in Robertstown Co.Kildare. Heard some stories about one of the bedrooms having a devils handprint in one of the rooms. I know it could be pure urban myth but apparently they could never paint/paper over it. Just a suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 its_brew

I think you should really consider Loftus Hall in Co. Wexford.
    Its not a huge distance for ya's and its well known enough to garner plenty of publicity. Maybe arrange a sit in down there with a group and document it?
    I'd like to say i'd be interested in doing so also, but i'd be far too nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Charleville Castle in Tullamore too, numerous tv programmes have filmed there.

its_brew wrote: »
    I think you should really consider Loftus Hall in Co. Wexford.
    Its not a huge distance for ya's and its well known enough to garner plenty of publicity. Maybe arrange a sit in down there with a group and document it?
    I'd like to say i'd be interested in doing so also, but i'd be far too nervous.

This is also called Breaking and entering and is against the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

plus theres not much talk of it even being fecken haunted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

The basement of the National Leprechaun Museum has a female ghost that likes to feel men up on the stairs, according to the lore...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

In all fairness none of these places have ghosts.

Loftus Hall .. no

Charleville Castle .... faked so much people start believing their own fakes

Leprechaun Museum .... what lore?

i feel much calmer these days as i now separate 'ghost hunting' from 'paranormal research'. When one ghost hunts, one doesnt give a toss if the place is haunted or not .... as long as it looks spooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Yukina

Riamfada wrote: »

Just a few experiences last year in the run up to the Dublin Paranormal Convention. I believe the place used to be a morgue in a hospital, so there's bound to be some activity:cool:

• Advertisement

how so? a morgue is where people are temporarily placed after they die .. no-one actually dies in morgues. its a bit like the idea of graveyards being haunted when in fact people dont die in cemeteries. Plus by now you could suppose that someone has died virtually in every habitable spot on earth, at some stage over the history of humans. therefore everywhere should be haunted (if a place gets haunted after someone dies there that is)

Yukina wrote: »
    Just a few experiences last year in the run up to the Dublin Paranormal Convention. I believe the place used to be a morgue in a hospital, so there's bound to be some activity:cool:

Wicklow gaol became haunted just before they ran paranormal events too

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I believe charleville castle to be haunted, I met the care taker there, the owner is a bit strange and the caretaker and her were obviously in dispute while i would be dubious about her credibility I found him completely believable, down to earth guy, I wouldnt investigate there though too hyped up not enough incidents for the level of attention they get

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

maccored wrote: »
    how so? a morgue is where people are temporarily placed after they die .. no-one actually dies in morgues. its a bit like the idea of graveyards being haunted when in fact people dont die in cemeteries.

Im curious, do you believe a place can only be haunted by a ghost if the ghost (or living being at the time) dies in that location?

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Im curious, do you believe a place can only be haunted by a ghost if the ghost (or living being at the time) dies in that location?

my thoughts exactly....

Although even if your belief holds true the morgue was in the basement of a hospital where I'm sure hundreds of people have died...

Even so, the experiences of some people shouldn't be immediately thrown out as nothing because of one specific theory... The biggest attraction of the paranormal is that we know nothing about it, who knows which, if any theories on spirits, ghosts or other presences a real

Ticktactoe wrote: »

not at all. in fact Ive no idea how you gleaned that from my post, as I was pointing out the relative absurdity of thinking somewhere is haunted because someone apparently died there.

one thing we do know about the paranormal is that if ghosts exist, their appearance is extremely rare. going by the amount of 'haunted' buildings that have cropped up over the past few years, you'd think ghosts have given up on the rare appearances and had got into franchising.
    my thoughts exactly....

Although even if your belief holds true the morgue was in the basement of a hospital where I'm sure hundreds of people have died...

Even so, the experiences of some people shouldn't be immediately thrown out as nothing because of one specific theory... The biggest attraction of the paranormal is that we know nothing about it, who knows which, if any theories on spirits, ghosts or other presences a real

my thoughts exactly....

Just a few experiences last year in the run up to the Dublin Paranormal Convention. I believe the place used to be a morgue in a hospital, so there's bound to be some activitycool.gif

Im still wondering as to how theres 'bound to be some activity' just because there is a morgue there .....

To me, if ghosts have a presence on earth it would more than likely be in a place with some sort of significance to them, with so many people having died in this place (the hospital, not the morgue), surely for at least some, the hospital would have had a significance to them. Especially given the diseases that could be treated at that time eg. polio and tuberculosis, that required long periods of time in hospital

Wasn't the hospital turned into a shopping centre. Isn't the museum located on the site of the old FAS building, across the road from the old hospital? Surely by that logic it's the shopping centre that's haunted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Friend of mine used to work in the Pier House pub in Howth and swears it was haunted, he has a few stories about it. I think the place closed last year, but I'm sure the owners would let you in to poke around, it's not as if you would be disturbing any customers :shrug:

I'm not sure about the actual hospital, but the basement is definietly under the leprechaun museum. But I can see where you are coming from.

If you go back far enough, people are going to have attachments to any place you can think of...

Maybe the ghosts thought the shopping centre was to loud and colourful, opting for the creepy and dusty basement instead :p

Either way I know several people who claim to have had paranormal experiences in that basement, but whether its true, or just the mind making them think that such a horrible place must be haunted... Well, noone really knows definitively do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

You know... Lorey lore. Ha, just random stuff while setting up for the ParaCon last year, as Yukina said.

You know, no one ever tries to find ghosts in McDonald's or anything... Bet there are some issues in those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It's a shame you aren't based in Sligo. There are a few places around here that would be great to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

not at all. in fact Ive no idea how you gleaned that from my post, as I was pointing out the relative absurdity of thinking somewhere is haunted because someone apparently died there.

From the following:
    a morgue is where people are temporarily placed after they die .. no-one actually dies in morgues.
    its a bit like the idea of graveyards being haunted when in fact people dont die in cemeteries.

i still dont see how you came to your conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

I know from personal experience that the Clonshaugh Industrial Estate is a hotspot for unexplained phenomenon as I saw something when I worked there.

Would be worth a try as there are 2 barrows in the area and the remains of a castle in the same local. Think that several battles took place around the whole general area also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

There's the hellfire club, although that's probably an obvious one, there's Glasnevin cemetery, Killakee House rathfarnham..

That's just a few public places I can think of that are fairly infamous :)

Has anyone ever stayed a night in the Hellfire Club???

Has anyone ever stayed a night in the Hellfire Club???

Yep. Twice. It was cold and boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Yep. Twice. It was cold and boring.

I've been up there hundreds of times, morning noon and night, but despite being so familar with the whole area and the house, I still would find the house itself to be a very forbidding kind of a place at night, to the point where it is hard to go inside it!

Advertisement