Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to connect to wireless network. Any ideas?

• 16-06-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Ok I just moved into a new apartment last week, internet was working fine until 2 days ago. There is a wireless internet network for the whole building, I have the access code correct but the last 2 days, despite my computer showing the network as available and signal strength at either fair or good, I cannot connect. When I click on connect, it says connecting and then unable to connect, troubleshooting the problem recommends turning on and off the router.

I'm not even sure where the router is, but I can't see what the problem is with that if my pc is saying it is available and has a strong signal. Neighbours are using their own internet so they're not much help.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Has the code been changed by any chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,364 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You must know where your router is or you were borrowing someone elses signal and they've cut you off. Are you paying for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Has the code been changed by any chance

If it was, would I not get a message saying access code mismatch rather than simply unable to connect?
    You must know where your router is or you were borrowing someone elses signal and they've cut you off. Are you paying for it?

The apartment is being sublet to me just for a month. Internet is included in the rent I was told. I think it could be from the business downstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

This ofter works on Vista.....
    Go into the wireless networks section of network sharing centre, find the relevant wireless network listed there and delete it.
    Windows will now tell you that new networks are available and will ask you for the security key. Enter the one you have and click connect.
    If this still does not work then the key has probably been changed on the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

ArtyM wrote: »
    This ofter works on Vista.....
    Go into the wireless networks section of network sharing centre, find the relevant wireless network listed there and delete it.
    Windows will now tell you that new networks are available and will ask you for the security key. Enter the one you have and click connect.
    If this still does not work then the key has probably been changed on the router.

Thanks for reply. How do I delete it? The only options when you right click are connect and properties aren't they? Just off top of my head, in work at the mo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement