Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

termination of guardianship?

Options
  • 16-06-2011 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Could someone tell me what the conditions are for legally terminating someones guardianship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Removal of guardianship rights
    Fathers who have been appointed joint guardians by a court or by statutory declaration can be removed from their position if the court is satisfied it is in the child's best interest. The only way a mother can give up her guardianship rights in Ireland, is if the child is placed for adoption.

Citizens advice website

http://www.treoir.ie/cms-assets/documents/updated%20leaflets%2028th%20feb/16545-544849.guardianship-of-children.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Removal of guardianship rights

A father who has been appointed a joint guardian by a court or by statutory
    declaration can have his joint guardianship rights removed by court order if
    the court is satisfied that this is in the best interest of the child. The only way a mother can give up her guardianship rights is by placing her child for adoption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HopefulHumour

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

I presume that the father is not married as it is not possible to remove guardianship rights from a married father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I presume that the father is not married as it is not possible to remove guardianship rights from a married father.

Once the marriage took place before the child was born.

• Advertisement
Advertisement