Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary History-Help

• 16-06-2011 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

This might be a better place for it...
    RandomIrl wrote: »
    I am a trainee primary school teacher and I am trying to get a head start on work for the next TP as heading away for the summer. In History I would like to cover the whole civil rights movement, with Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King to tie in with a general theme of rights and responsibilities....but I cannot for the life of me spot where it fits into the primary school curriculum, so i would be grateful if anyone here could point me in the right direction, or even tell me if its not in the curriculum at all?
    I know the logical is, to read the curriculum, But for Martin Luther King, it just gives the strand Unit as 'Story from the lives of people in the past' but does the rest of the topic i had in mind fit in somewhere too?
    thanks in advance, sorry this post is a bit jumbled.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Change and continuity, cause and effect. You're well covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

Change and continuity, cause and effect. You're well covered.
    Hmm yeah, looks promising alright, I suppose I could just put the whole thing under the strand unit:stories of people in the past and use them as the skills that are developed throughout the topic. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sarahw7

If you're looking for content, History Quest 6 has a chapter on Martin Luther King. It's pretty well covered and contains plenty of relevant info.

sarahw7 wrote: »
    If you're looking for content, History Quest 6 has a chapter on Martin Luther King. It's pretty well covered and contains plenty of relevant info.
    Thanks Sarah. I was looking at that today, Im going to do a lesson or two on both Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. I have a lot planned for it so I will have to cut it down a bit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

RandomIrl wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah. I was looking at that today, Im going to do a lesson or two on both Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. I have a lot planned for it so I will have to cut it down a bit!

Often a problem on TP - you try to do too much and end up rushing the end of it to fit everything in, very hard to guage.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Often a problem on TP - you try to do too much and end up rushing the end of it to fit everything in, very hard to guage.

ah yes, definitely but am a firm believer, better having too much planned than too little, if something you have planned for say 20 minutes...ends up after 10, you have to have something else ready to do! But it definitely is hard to gauge takes a while to figure out what the class are able for!

Advertisement