Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity swimsuit help!

Options
  • 16-06-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

So the doctor told me that I can't exercise except for yoga, walking and swimming. Walking is boring, I fall asleep at yoga, all that's left is swimming.

But, at 23 weeks my togs are looking pretty indecent.
    Went Into penneys to try to find a tankini, but they all either leave a huge gaping gap at the belly or down the front. I'm usually a pretty flat-chested 8 but now... not so much.

I had a look online, not reallocation willing to pay 50 pounds for a suit I'll wear for a couple of months. Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Dorothy Perkins have them online for £17, probably in-store too.
    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I got a tankini in Mothercare when I was pregnant and found it great. Can't remember how much it was but definitely woulnd't have spent 50 eur on it!
    Worth a look anyway, they often have swimwear on sale too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Also got a tankini in mothercare was 12 euro in sale and was great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I second Mothercare, got mine there. Not too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Saw one on Ebay for £8 recently.

Another option is to wear a normal bikini and a long lycra vest top over it to cover the bump. Ive seen pregnant women in these. Ive also seen pregnant women in bikinis only, wearing a wrap to poolside, then into the water in just the bikini and back into wrap on the way out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

seen some in TK Maxx reasonable price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I'm 26 weeks, and got cheapie swimsuit in Dunnes think it was 6 euro - I just bought the next size up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I got one today and just bought a normal one in a bigger size. I'm usually an 8-10 and a 12 was fine. But my bump isn't really that big yet (15 weeks) so that might not work for you.

I had looked online beforehand, there were a few maternity ones on Asos, not exactly the most stylish but they would be ok for the local pool. Mothercare have a good selection too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bought a swim suit in pennys last year. they have them again this year. It was €5 and I was a 12 and I bought 16. I wore it up to 38 weeks no probs.

Its the basic swim suit shape, but has pleats at the waist. These pleats spread to cover your bump as you get bigger. Perfect..

I had ordered one from figleaves wile I bought this one. I returned the maternity one as this one was better.

like this:

032308_03_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

How about Aquafit Bobobear? More interesting than just swimming. I'm just over 22 weeks & went back last night for the first time since getting pregnant. It was good fun & there were about 4 of us there that were pregnant. They ask at the beginning if there is anyone pregnant & just tell you what exercises to avoid (weird as it was my first time there that 1 person, let alone 4 said they were pregnant - definite baby boom). I told the doctor at my 12 week visit that I planned on doing aquafit & she said it was a great activity during pregnancy!

Bought a swimsuit last year in a 12 (normally a 10) in Dunnes & thankfully it still fits. The 10 squashed my boobs too much, so I'm glad now I opted for the next size up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

I do aqua fit as well. Tried a tankini I had at home & it really pissed me off, top bit kept goin up & bottom bit kept falling down. Aaaaaggghhh. I didn't want to spend a fortune either. I was genuinely shocked by how many second hand ones were on ebay. I just couldn't. Anyway got a nice black, simple & supportive one in mothercare €30. Aqua fit is fun again!

Advertisement