Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile

Options
  • 16-06-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm thinking of changing to emobile for the iphone 4, just wondering if anyone has anything good/bad to say about the network and signal? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

While advice and experience of others is always good to get you should try get a pre pay sim from them and test their network yourself where you live work and play. They're usually free. Also not sure if you know but emobile run off the meteor network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I get great coverage from them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I switched to them at Christmas, and have been very happy with the coverage in the Dublin & Cork areas. Haven't had to call customer service, but they've a twitter account which they reply to promptly during office hours. Was previously with Vodafone, and I certainly haven't noticed any decrease in the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Switched from 3 last october, coverage is better in county limerick with e. Called customer service only once & found them helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

No complaints on coverage, call quality or general customer experience.

One thing: Do check with people you know who are on Meteor - it's the same network, so if they can't get a good signal in certain places, you won't either.

"Meteor" has become a byword for bad coverage, but to be honest this is the same "bloke down the pub" nonsense that'd tell you to only ever buy a German car. Meteor USED TO have serious coverage issues, they don't anymore, but if you live somewhere rural, you need to check first no matter who you go for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I decided to try out eMobile's prepay service, with the 15 Seven plan and it's actually excellent.

The network has improved drastically since the last time I was on Meteor a few years ago and I've really had no issue with coverage anywhere.

Even a lot of very small towns seem to have 3G and where there isn't 3G there's good EDGE coverage which is ideal for email and stuff.

Vodafone's network was missing EDGE (although they're rolling it out now) so overall, I would say at the moment anyway the smart phone experience on eMobile's actually better than Vodafone as you get some sort of data signal everywhere where as with Vodafone you often lose it in buildings where you can't get 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcbrowne1

Hi all, I'm living in Oranmore Galway and I have hardly any signal at all, Galway city itself is excellent. Spoke with emobile customer service and they had were unable to do anything for me. However, I have now cancelled the contract (within my 14 days) and will be sending the phone back. Question is: Does anyone have an empty iPHone emobile box and booklets as I'm sure they will want same back and I don't want to give them any excuses....

Please PM me if you no longer require them...
    Many thanks
    Joseph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i have one phone on emobile as a test to see what they are like, and up north the only network that the phone will roam on is T mobile, it wont attach to o2 , vodafone, or orange. its on bill pay. roaming on emobile is not as good as say vodafone or o2.

Advertisement