Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert., please don't end :(

Options
  • 16-06-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Like every other 2011 LC candidate, I have been impatiaently anticipating the day the exams would finally end, and I could put away my school books for the last time. Now, however, I'm not so sure.

Allow me to explain. I have had at least one exam every day for the past week, and was relieved yesterday afternoon when French was finally over, and I could relax for a bit. My last exam is Music and I was looking forward to my eight day gap. I decided I needed a day off, and my workaholic dad agreed. So, I'm currently in the middle of my first day off since Christmas, or perhaps my birthday in April, and I don't know what to do with myself! I spent the last half an hour walking around the house aimlessly. I rearranged me and my brothers fleadh medal collection, I played with the cat, I played the piano a bit. TV got boring two hours ago, I'm not hungry no matter how many times I stare blankly into the fridge and the computer is of no help either. It's lashing outside, but that makes no difference as I've nowhere to go anyway.

Bottom line: once the exams are over I'll have nothing to do. I never would have believed it, but study beats crushing boredom by a mile. Does anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?

How much do you want it to just be over? 90 votes

It has to end soon, or I'll go insane.
    0% 0 votes
    I'm leaning towards wanting it to end.
    54% 49 votes
    I don't care either way, just concentrating on the task at hand.
    14% 13 votes
    They're actually going really well, I'm actually enjoying it!
    8% 8 votes
    I'll have nothing to do!!!
    22% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

I too remember felling a little restless after my LC finished.

Trust me though man, you are about to enter what most people consider the best years of their lives- so there is absolutely no need to feel bummed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I'll be finished the leaving cert soon FML. I'm repeating, it's too much fun :p

You'll have rest. Fun. Alcohol. All while wondering if you failed the leaving.
    Ohh, you will have things to do this summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

That's exactly how I feel. I had exams everyday without any gaps in between which made me really tired.

I would have preferred a day gap between subjects because I hated when french was same day as history..followed by awful biology today!! and..irish same day as geography..hated that too.

Just bad combinations but then again if it was 1 subject per day then the LC would be twice as long and so wouldn't be to my liking either! I've finished this morning with biology and my mums gone out and I'm home alone too.

Just searching boards to see what other people thought of biology. Yep, I'm really starting to get bored now too! I have a 7 day gap for music too.....that's what's annoying. Summer doesn't start for me until all my exams are over.

I'm going to ace music anyway. 7 days is loads of time to learn all those Irish music essays!
    Hopefully getting a good result for music will compensate for my biology disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Maybe you should get a life??:p

Are any of your friends finished, because when they are you'll have something to do. Personally I cannot wait for these to end. I'll go out Thursday, off to Sea Sessions Friday and then camping the following Tuesday. It's all I think about! Summer does get boring after a month or two but I have a job lined up to keep me busy. So yeah, all in all I really want these exams to be over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Fbjm wrote: »
    Like every other 2011 LC candidate, I have been impatiaently anticipating the day the exams would finally end, and I could put away my school books for the last time. Now, however, i'm not so sure.

Allow me to explain. I have had at least one exam every day for the past week, and was relieved yesterday afternoon when French was finally over, and I could relax for a bit. My last exam is Music and I was looking forward to my eight day gap. I decided I needed a day off, and my workaholic dad agreed. So, I'm currently in the middle of my first day off since Christmas, or perhaps my birthday in April, and I don't know what to do with myself! I spent the last half an hour walking around the house aimlessly. I rearranged me and my brothers fleadh medal collection, I played with the cat, I played the piano a bit. TV got boring two hours ago, I'm not hungry no matter how many times I stare blankly into the fridge and the computer is of no help either. It's lashing outside, but that makes no difference as I've nowhere to go anyway.

Bottom line: once the exams are over I'll have nothing to do. I never would have believed it, but study beats crushing boredom by a mile. Does anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?
    Get a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I honestly don't care. Doing exams doesn't really bother me too much, it's not like I'm actually getting much study in between after.

It'll nice to be on proper summer holidays but I'm not super impatient for the exams to end here. I can wait another 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

kippy wrote: »
    Get a job.

oh if it only it was that easy!

Can't wait to be finished tbh :) going camping after it with friends so really excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Can't wait to be finished tbh :) going camping after it with friends so really excited!!

Why isn't it that easy?
    Theres plenty turf and hay to be saved, am sure the parents would love some help around the house, help out some neighbours (theres plenty "WORK" out there) - look around for work in other places for financial gain - you'll need the money next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I finished today and I'm delighted. :D My niece is coming to visit for the next few weeks and I can't wait. :)

Also, I have SO many books I want to get read... my reading got put on hold for the last 6 months or so. :( But now I have loads of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

reading your post just made me realise how little effort i've put into the leaving cert lol

• Advertisement

Yeah, here's where I have a large nerdgasm.

I've stopped playing games since the mocks, as I REALLY needed to put in some study. Now, I love games. So when the leaving is over. I'll have an unreal amount of games, books, and films etc to catch up on. After the first few night of going out after the leaving, I plan to basically lock myself in my room, and work on my dungeon tan.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dungeon%20Tan
    /nerdgasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I've been doing an exam every day for the past week and I have another week of exams. Needless to say I'll be glad to see them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john1741

I have a backlog of xbox and computer games Ive been working on for over a year. So will get those done and could always start an MMO :P
    Cant wait until its over but im not done until the 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I can't understand how anyone wouldn't want the Leaving Cert to end soon. Roll on Friday the 24th:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Many people experience a sense of anti-climax after exams end, especially if they've had a tough schedule / been stressed.

Plan to do something quite active for the day after ... go hiking or hillclimbing or something which will tire you out physically and also help you unwind. Then get a decent night's sleep. You'll feel more human by the next day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

i never did much study for school,started 2 weeks ago,happy with exams so far(one more to go),can't wait till tomorrow it'll be all over and i'll finaly won't feel guilty instaling Sims 3 tomorrow :D but i feel i will miss school :( i'm already missin it,even if i had to get up at 7 everyday,and doin hw...sentiments me thinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

My plans for what ill do after the leaving:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

EmacB wrote: »
    My plans for what ill do after the leaving:

Me too.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

doing the exact same thing! an allmercifull amount of drink shall be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

Many people experience a sense of anti-climax after exams end, especially if they've had a tough schedule / been stressed.

Plan to do something quite active for the day after ... go hiking or hillclimbing or something which will tire you out physically and also help you unwind. Then get a decent night's sleep. You'll feel more human by the next day! :D

when you say "do something quite active" if you mean down a pint of vodka, i couldnt agree more!:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aingel

I totally agree with you. I finished today but none of my friends are finished to next week. its such an anti-climax.I feel so empty like for basically two years its been a constant guilt of not studying or stressing while studying and now theres just nothing to do. There was no huge celebration because everyone else is still going and I just came home and got sad becuse I'll never go to school again or wear my uniform. and then realised how sad that made me sound which made me sadder:p I'm dreading the thought of clearing away all my notes and finding stuff I should have known and that. Ah well moving on. I think I'll spend next week practising my driving and apply for the test:D

when you say "do something quite active" if you mean down a pint of vodka, i couldnt agree more!:p:p
    *Not* quite what I meant, no! :p

aingel wrote: »
    I totally agree with you. I finished today but none of my friends are finished to next week. its such an anti-climax.I feel so empty like for basically two years its been a constant guilt of not studying or stressing while studying and now theres just nothing to do. There was no huge celebration because everyone else is still going and I just came home and got sad becuse I'll never go to school again or wear my uniform. and then realised how sad that made me sound which made me sadder:p I'm dreading the thought of clearing away all my notes and finding stuff I should have known and that. Ah well moving on. I think I'll spend next week practising my driving and apply for the test:D
    Repeat then, its the obvious path to true happiness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

aingel wrote: »
    I just came home and got sad becuse I'll never go to school again or wear my uniform.

You like wearing your uniform?:eek:

NotExactly wrote: »
    You like wearing your uniform?:eek:
    Some people have a "thing" for uniforms ;)

PJelly wrote: »
    Some people have a "thing" for uniforms ;)
    It's all right, PJelly, we won't tell anyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Right so ,time to get a start on the college course now , I wonder if it's as handy as self teaching a leaving cert subject. :pac:

It's all right, PJelly, we won't tell anyone! :pac:
    If it was a secret I wouldn't mention it on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

kippy wrote: »
    Theres plenty turf and hay to be saved

. . .How right you are. . .nothing kills time and muscles quite like turning, footing, or bagging. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cant wait for it to end so I can go out and get absolutely destroyed

Advertisement