Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese scooters (dealers)

• 16-06-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Reckon I'm going to be eaten alive for this one...

I've seen somebody driving around Drumcondra on a lexmoto Tommy a few times. They're decent looking things and would do me as a "just for fun" alternative to the car. Does anybody know of any dealers who stock them? Or of a dealer willing to order one in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

They might make sense as a cheap alternative to the car but I can't imagine you'd have that much fun on it after the first week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Not sure, but my advice is not to get one! Get a second hand Japanese one, the Chinese one will break your heart

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

thats what i thinking of getting the missus that or a vespa of some sort. a pink one obviously the black ones are far to manly for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Get the vespa! Might sound nice getting a brand new bike, but believe me, the vespa will be enjoyed more by her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

http://chinesescoots.forumwise.com/chinesescoots-post-162360.html#162360

This post sums up Chinese scooters about as well as anybody here could. You don't know what your getting, so you don't know how it will work out in the long term. And neither does the dealer really until he gets them in and sells a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

bohsmug wrote: »
    I've seen somebody pushing around Drumcondra on a lexmoto Tommy a few times.

Good exercise I heard :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I wouldn't touch a Chinese scooter with a barge pole after previous experience with one.

15000 Miles up on a Chinese scooter would be equivalent to 150,000 miles up on a Japanese equivalent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Go for a second hand Jap scooter if you're looking for cheap

Yes, that Chinese scooter may be cheap but it's cheap for a reason and how are you going to get spare parts when it breaks down and it will
    Many dealers won't touch these, hence while you are finding it hard to locate a dealer

A 2nd hand Honda Lead 100cc would be a fine choice for you I reckon, great little scooters and they are all over Dublin.
    Good for the hills around Dublin too

Advertisement