Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a cheque without a checking Acc?

Options
  • 16-06-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have to send money to the revenue to pay a tax bill but all there details for sending the money involve the sending of cheques, but I only have an ordinary (AIB) current account. Do banks isssue single cheques for current accounts like this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can pay the revenue with a credit card if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

There is no credit card section on the tax form that I'm using unfortunately :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

only a cheque book, but why not send a bank draft ?

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    only a cheque book, but why not send a bank draft ?

Not sure if they will accept one, they should, everyone else does, but it's the Irish government so they might be odd just for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

They do. They don't accept personal chqs iirc.

• Advertisement

They do. They don't accept personal chqs iirc.

Cool :D Wish they would write that on the form :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Has this changed recently? I called up to pay them a while back and was told that they 'aren't set up for credit card payments' - mind boggling! They did take a draft though

Advertisement