Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWCH 2011

Options
  • 16-06-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

I missed the submission date... :(

...I think. A press release found on the Peoples Republic forum site states:
    Once again, Ireland’s photographers are being called on to submit their finest music related shots for a chance to feature in a HWCH Photographers Exhibition. Photographers’ applications will also be via www.hwch.net – simply click on the “PHOTOGRAPHERS APPLY HERE” button and follow the instructions (going live at 6pm this evening).
    and that post is dated today at 4pm. But then it states this underneath:
    ==================== ==================== ==================== ===
    Closing date for Artist and Photographer submissions is 16 July
    ==================== ==================== ==================== ===

Did anyone apply this year, already? I've some doozeys put aside for this n'all...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

My take on that is that entries are being accepted from 16th June (today) and closing date for artist and photographer submissions is 16th July.

Good showcase of bands... although I can probably name the 100 bands already :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Seany wrote: »
    My take on that is that entries are being accepted from 16th June (today) and closing date for artist and photographer submissions is 16th July.

Good showcase of bands... although I can probably name the 100 bands already :p

Baahahaha. I'm an idiot.
    Yeah, I'd say band-wise I can name the lot. Photographer wise, will be similar to last year, but I'm gonna gues the noobies will be: Alan Moore, Sean Smyth and... Me! :P hah, I hope me. The other two should be a shoe in.

Right I'm stuck with what to choose for this! Anyone wanna help?

I need 5 and I've whittled it down to:

These two I'm happy with:
    5842941436_1744d89bd0_z.jpg
    (I'll probably go with the B&W one of this when I find it)

5842392427_5aafe5a0f0_z.jpg

But I need to pick three more from these:
    5842387779_86d7a0d94a_z.jpg

5842390719_4ea289505d_z.jpg

5842382173_f0f23b8b68_z.jpg

5842929296_4aa38d303c_z.jpg

5842385503_d8586160a4_z.jpg

5121189855_5213f015f1_z.jpg

5312250015_6746683321_z.jpg

5708521548_434d92edf9_z.jpg

5555755538_c06db30475_z.jpg

Any suggestions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

id go for the second one out of the first two then image 1 2 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

#2, #4, #5... I quite like #7 too...

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

would choose ... 2,3,6, 7..... cant really break it down into 3 .... you want to offer a selection which represents the bands on stage as well as away from the stage.

I'm torn between 3 and 7 .... .... if I was really stuck... I'd go 7 (even though its more studio/safer pic to create, it is presented better .... 3 could be an album cover... but 7 shaded it because in 3 there are eyes closed and one guy slightly cropped.

looking at 7 ... there seems to be a light halo around the people (was it looped and highlighted in post processing.... maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me??)

after my internal debate.... 2,6,7 are my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

2 and 4 - but am a great believer in going with whats in your heart - there your images , so should be your choice -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

mehfesto wrote: »
    Baahahaha. I'm an idiot.
    Yeah, I'd say band-wise I can name the lot. Photographer wise, will be similar to last year, but I'm gonna gues the noobies will be: Alan Moore, Sean Smyth and... Me! :P hah, I hope me. The other two should be a shoe in.

so no-one else should bother applying again then?

yes. That's exactly what I said.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I vote 2,3,6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Now the competition is limited in numbers (which I don't deny is a good thing) I can't help but think it will mainly be with the same winners from last year. And to be honest the only benefit of it seems to be that you get a free pass for the weekend. It's not like they have a proper photography showcase, they just hang your pics in the dimly lit Workmans Club and most of them you have to lean over people sitting down to get a good look at the picture/credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

when winning means you are more than happy to shoot photos for free, for an entire weekend for something "exclusive".

I'd be happy with the honour and a free pass to the music all weekend. I'd pay for the gigs anyway, so it's not really nothing if you're interested.

I got in.
    Only picked 12 this year. Seemed to be going more artsy than before, given the images they selected to be displayed.

Means I get a weekend off work. Yowza!

Advertisement