Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van stolen this morning. Info needed!

• 16-06-2011 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My friend lives in Glencairn estate, Dooradoyle, South Limerick. He drives a distinct german reg left hand drive VW T25 Transporter high roof panel van. It is half green (lower half) and half yellow (upper half) with a white high roof top. This has been his pride and joy for many many years in Germany. Since bringing it over to Ireland he's spent countless weekends sanding, painting, fixing etc to get it to what it was and we've spent many weekends camping in it. He would never sell it for any money. It's his baby so to speak...

ANYWAY! It was stolen from his driveway this morning between the hours of 1am and 5am. It was only at 5:10am that he knew when he was woken by a call from the gardai saying that they had found it in O'Malley Park, Southhill completely wrecked. The sliding door had been ripped off, all scraped along each side and underneath completely wrecked. He has still not seen the van as it has not been released yet so this is the only info we have so far on the damage. The van might even be beyond repair. There is a stencil sprayed on the sliding door saying "Dead Monkey" and this door is now missing. It is an unusual high door which will be impossible to replace.

All I ask is that anyone who may have seen this van driving around either Dooradoyle or Southill areas or anywhere in-between please either post here or PM me with any info you may have. If anyone has spotted a yellow and green door on the side of the road anywhere I would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know. We know all too well that the gardai will do absolutely nothing about this so there is no point even trying with them. It is just a matter of taking it into our own hands.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

rudirhino wrote: »
    We know all too well that the gardai will do absolutely nothing about this so there is no point even trying with them. It is just a matter of taking it into our own hands.

Not on this forum, thanks.

Anyone with info feel free to PM the OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement