Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet x nanolight

• 16-06-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Any one on here got one ? Are they any good ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Don't have one. Heard they're awesome though. Go for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

sweetswing wrote: »
    Any one on here got one ? Are they any good ?

I have one. Love it. Got it in April n i've about 2000km done. Absolutely delighted with it. Would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭not sane

I also have one, don't really know how it compares to other carbon fibre brands as I went from alu. Raced on it this year and can't fault it in fact I love it and would buy another, planet x also do a crash replacement of up to 50% of the value within 3 years. It handles excellent, and is light and stiff. The big diffence I noticed was the comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Thanks lads, just brought the new baby home, just have to get it set up right for me, can't wait to take her out :D
    Happy cycling guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Best of luck with your PX.
    I have mine since last August, I love it.
    I did the W200 on it last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

hi there, i'm seriously tempted by the offer for nanolight frame by px at the moment. my problem is sizing - according to px a medium frame should be fine - a 53cm measurement from bottom bracket to seatpost. until today, i was using a lidl stratos which measured 55cm and found the frame size perfect for me, i used a 110/120 and 130mm stem on it before settling on the 120. I've tried a Look 53cm frame, but it just feels too small for me. I don't race but have a mind to get a top frame as i just like cycling but also hope to do some sportives next year with a view to doin the etape the year after maybe. any thoughts? would really apprecite anyone's help - as don't want an expensive sizing mistake! thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

hi there, i'm seriously tempted by the offer for nanolight frame by px at the moment. my problem is sizing - according to px a medium frame should be fine - a 53cm measurement from bottom bracket to seatpost. until today, i was using a lidl stratos which measured 55cm and found the frame size perfect for me, i used a 110/120 and 130mm stem on it before settling on the 120. I've tried a Look 53cm frame, but it just feels too small for me. I don't race but have a mind to get a top frame as i just like cycling but also hope to do some sportives next year with a view to doin the etape the year after maybe. any thoughts? would really apprecite anyone's help - as don't want an expensive sizing mistake! thanks in advance!

Size it by horizontal-equivalent top tube length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

Thanks Lumen, now if only i had known that earlier! My stratos is on the road to cavan at the moment! Sold it by pure chance to a soon to be inlaw! Will have to do some digging for info! Don't be surprised if you see a thread entitled "top tube length of lidl stratos" in the near future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Dunno if it's any help but the virtual top tube of my large nanolight is 59cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Apropos of nothing, this is one seriously fugly bike:
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXNAHMGURUTEAM/planet-x-nanolight-team-guru-red-carbon-road-bike

"And my oh my ain't she a looker too..." Really? Making a proper race machine dolled up like a 3-year-old kid's bike from a toy shop? All it needs is photoshopped stabilisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

oflahero wrote: »
    Apropos of nothing, this is one seriously fugly bike:
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXNAHMGURUTEAM/planet-x-nanolight-team-guru-red-carbon-road-bike

"And my oh my ain't she a looker too..." Really? Making a proper race machine dolled up like a 3-year-old kid's bike from a toy shop? All it needs is photoshopped stabilisers.
    I think that looks deadly, the normal frames are ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

The Guru paint job looks great in the proper context:

1ET8MG9X-gurucipollini.jpg

That context, by the way, is the Italian peninsula (and preferably under someone skinny with proper tan).

no. No. A thousand times no. Baby blue. Flowers. NO!

Maybe I'm just overly critical after having been visually assaulted by the most recent Guardian magazine's resident knobend 'Weekender':

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/22/weekender-tim-dalton-cycling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

thinking of buying one these myself, could take me a while to save but it will be worth it :D in the mean time il get that halfords tdf bike for 380 to start the road biking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    The Guru paint job looks great in the proper context:

That context, by the way, is the Italian peninsula (and preferably under someone skinny with proper tan).

I really like that frame, and would kill for a set of

WPPXPRO50GURU_P1.jpg

for Pinky

OK. OK, I give in. Due to sheer weight of numbers, I acknowledge that my taste must be dreadful. Maybe if I stare long enough at that My Little Pony bike it'll start to look appealing.

I suppose it's at the far end of the spectrum from my personal idea of bike beauty...

Advertisement