Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree compliance question...

Options
  • 16-06-2011 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Heya, I am in my final yr and I passed all of my exams and completed 120 credits for my major in sociology and my minor in greek and roman civilisation. I was delighted with my results until I received an email stating that I did not have 60 credits for my major sociology and I would have to return to complete the 5credits I was missing.. I have no idea how I managed to do this :( What are my options? How much will it cost to return to UCD and complete one module next semester?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

xxzaraxx wrote: »
    Heya, I am in my final yr and I passed all of my exams and completed 120 credits for my major in sociology and my minor in greek and roman civilisation. I was delighted with my results until I received an email stating that I did not have 60 credits for my major sociology and I would have to return to complete the 5credits I was missing.. I have no idea how I managed to do this :( What are my options? How much will it cost to return to UCD and complete one module next semester?

Go back over everything and make sure.
    If its one module, or 20, still charge €2000.
    Thank your minister for education who promised to reverse this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

OSI wrote: »
    It's not €2000. As she would only need to do one semester, she only has to pay half registration fees.

Sorry thats true. They break it in two now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Would it be possible to transfer a sociology module I did in 1st year that I was able to take in stage 2?? I got confused with foundations of sociology and saw it in the options available for stage 2 and I did it in first year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sorry thats true. They break it in two now.

It has been paid in 2 installments for years. It is not a new thing.

Advertisement