Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat pee mattress

• 16-06-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Cat just pee'd on my bed. A small bit soaked through to the mattress. Is there any household products I should put on it immediately to remove odours/pee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

diluted milton should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

cookie82 wrote: »
    diluted milton should do the trick

Will the ammonia not attract her to pee in the same spot again?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

honestly im not 100% sure of that but milton removes nearly everything, if its only a small amount of pee it should work. worth a shot anyway. maybe air the mattress by the window if you can after using the milton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

You need to neutralise the odour first.. use a diluted mixture of vinegar and water, and then use your normal cleaning products.
    If the cat gets a trace of a smell it will trigger off a reaction of 'oh, THATS where i'm supposed to go!' and you dont want that!
    When you are done, get some neat lemon juice or lemon oil and drip it over the spot..cats HATE citrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Baking soda's another good one! Our male cat pissed twice on our bed when he was young and this seemed to work. Rubbed it in a bit with latex gloves, left it for a good while and then hoovered it up later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement