Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cravings, ice cream/ mr freeze??

• 16-06-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is an actual craving but i am dyin for ice pops. ive had supersplits but the ice cream takes away from the 'hit' of the orange bit. i just thought of mr freezes. anyone remember them. im considering goin out to stock up on them. surely they would be safe... wouldnt they. theyre only ice. any ideas?

also could you make ice pops out of orange robinsons drink or orange juice? water just aint quenching my thirst!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There was a slush puppie type machine in a coffee shop I went in today and that triggered a craving. Had to resist though as I'm sure that stuff is pure sugar!

You can make ice pops from orange squash (or any flavour), just buy some plastic mould things. I'm sure they have them in supermarkets? Going to have to make some today I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

I have been eating Mr Freeze non stop the last 2 weeks yummy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Ice cream is definitely my pregnancy "thing"!
    My reasoning/ justification- I can't cool down most of the time- ice cream helps!
    Reflux is killing me- ice- cream soothes the burn!
    And I've a hematoma thing that's flaring up a bit, and my teeth are not great for a number of reasons- I need more calcium that's in ice cream!

*Sneaks off to freezer to find some HB.... mmmm... rasberry ripple? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    There was a slush puppie type machine in a coffee shop I went in today and that triggered a craving. Had to resist though as I'm sure that stuff is pure sugar!

You can make ice pops from orange squash (or any flavour), just buy some plastic mould things. I'm sure they have them in supermarkets? Going to have to make some today I think :)

Those plastic moulds are in Aldi this week

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

cool thanks for all the ideas. may go buy mr freezes, ice pop moulds and squash drink tomorrow! my husband just brought me home some ben and jerrys caramel chew chew ice cream. :D everytime the ad came on i wanted some. im sure that will keep me goin for tonight. havnt been able to eat chocolate for the last 6 weeks or so but i think i might manage this!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Frozen green grapes are really good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bobobear

I get those little lunchbox-sized cartons of juice or smoothie and put them in the freezer. The innocent ones are amazing but expensive. Copella Apple juice cartons are half price in Tesco now. I've also used the Tesco organic cartons. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Mc donalds is my craving hehe :) and also ice cream but now talking about ice pops i would go bananas for one right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

after reading this thread I'd love a loop the loop now!! When I was pregnant with number 1 I loved eating ice.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've gone mad for Pastilles ice lollies recently. And am constantly craving a 99 with flake and raspberry ripple.....drooool!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

I never thought of a loop the loop. just went and bought 2 and 4 mr freezes. i had a mr freeze and it was lovely!! only problem is i would prob eat the rest of them now too! and a 99 sounds pretty good too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I know it's probably mostly sugar, but I love Yop as well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i bought a box of cool pops in Aldi last week out of nostalgia
    not pregnant, just being a prepubescent boy again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

ive been craving any sort of ice/ cool pops, the problem is i dont know when to stop! i find the boxes of mr freeze coolpops are tiny id nearly go through the whole box in one night!! the ones ya buy separate in the shops are the best (the mega coolpops!) but cant get them in alot of shops, bought some choc pops and rockets today,id love a porky pig but i havnt seen then in years! its great when the shops sell all the old ice pops although after reading this i think il have to go the shop again for a loop the loop!!

Advertisement