Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's prettiest ghost estate.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is such a waste. Surely in somewhere reasonably well populated and well off they could sell these, albeit at knock down prices? Could understand these not selling in Leitrim or somewhere. I'd love to live somewhere like this, though the thatch rooves would be a concern as regards maintenance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

road_high wrote: »
    This is such a waste. Surely in somewhere reasonably well populated and well off they could sell these, albeit at knock down prices? Could understand these not selling in Leitrim or somewhere. I'd love to live somewhere like this, though the thatch rooves would be a concern as regards maintenance etc.

That would be the best thing to do. Sell them at knock down prices. Each and every day that goes by they fall further into ruin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV3 should buy it and make a rural soap.

A Brookside Close for the Yokels if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

i do like the style of the houses..
    I believe there are a few people squatting up that way nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm no property developer but it couldn't cost that much to bring that estate around to a nice condition. Surely whoever owns them could spend the €50k or whatever and rent them out short term as summer homes as an option. It is a nice area for that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I know this is an old thread but it would be unreasonable to start a new one.

Anyway, they've been refurbished and are up for sale.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/st-james-wood-stradbally-waterford/4605896#&gid=1&pid=19

Post edited by Finnbar01 on

Advertisement