Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to paint outside of 220m2 house?

Options
  • 16-06-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

How much can I expect to pay to have the outside of a 220m2 house painted in white emulsion (likes of weathershield or the likes), no window sills or anything to be done, it's two storey. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Is it a new home Vic, first time painted?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No cardwizzard, it be the second time to be painted.

Thanks

Bump, Help Please !?

Vic, its pretty hard to give an accurate quote with out seeing it beforehand. I recently did on in No Co Dublin that was priced at €3000. Dormers and chimneys included, size of the house was 2500ft, roughly the size of your home. This did include doors, window sills and reveals and plinth.

Look around and maybe get a few quotes. The cheapest isn't always the best, in fact rarely is. Get references from the painter and go with your gut feeling.

Hope you get the weather for it, I have a few exteriors I can't get done because of this crappy weather.

Vic, its pretty hard to give an accurate quote with out seeing it beforehand. I recently did on in No Co Dublin that was priced at €3000. Dormers and chimneys included, size of the house was 2500ft, roughly the size of your home. This did include doors, window sills and reveals and plinth.

Look around and maybe get a few quotes. The cheapest isn't always the best, in fact rarely is. Get references from the painter and go with your gut feeling.

Hope you get the weather for it, I have a few exteriors I can't get done because of this crappy weather

Many thanks card wizard. Yes I agree on cheapest not always being best and I will shop around. What type of discount would you offer say if there was 5-10 houses to be done, what discount per house say?

Thanks

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Many thanks card wizard. Yes I agree on cheapest not always being best and I will shop around. What type of discount would you offer say if there was 5-10 houses to be done, what discount per house say?

Thanks

Vic, first thing I would do is finish the first house for the price agreed. Make sure it was a good fit for both customers and myself. This will set a precedent and a standard which was to follow. Then both parties can decide if they would like to proceed.

No doubt you will be in a strong position to negotiate a better price if another 5-10 houses was in the pipeline. However you don't want the guy doing the work working on too tight a margin, otherwise the incentive and motivation will be lost, and he'll cut corners, which isn't good for him or you. I would imagine a 10-20% reduction may be fair, considering the marketplace.

As I say, trust your gut it's usually right. References or go to see some of his work. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnc3

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi,

How much can I expect to pay to have the outside of a 220m2 house painted in white emulsion (likes of weathershield or the likes), no window sills or anything to be done, it's two storey. Thanks

i think around 800 euro+vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

id say 1200- 1500 would be loads for two coats . got a 2500 sq ft bungalow done in two days by one man two coats. 260 plus vat. done a class job. allowing for a lot of hassle running up and down ladders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Asking people to price painting something without even posting a pic is like me asking how much would ye give me for my car? Its a 1.6!

Advertisement