Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

union representation at labour court hearing?

Options
  • 16-06-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

Is it necessary to have union representation at a LC hearing?
    I am in the process of appealing the recommendation of a rights commissioner and to be honest I would actually prefer to go in on my own because I feel my union are useless.
    If I have to I obviously will get my union involved but if not I won't..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you're unsure of which side the union is on, are you able to bring a solicitor instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

the_syco wrote: »
    If you're unsure of which side the union is on, are you able to bring a solicitor instead?

I don't know to be honest but wouldn't that be expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ooter wrote: »
    I don't know to be honest but wouldn't that be expensive?
    Probably. Depends on why you're going to the court hearing tbh. If you're going against someone, probably no need, but if someone is going against you, it may be an idea in case they have one.

Really depends on which side of the fence you're on, and what the charge is.

Advertisement