Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dexter Isaac confesses to Tupac Shakur's shooting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

On the eve of Tupac's birthday no less. It's all over the news but I *think* this is the site that broke the story so I'm using their link.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.15566/title.dexter-isaac-confesses-to-1994-robbery-shooting-of-2pac

Bit of a misleading title there man - he confessed to shooting and robbing Tupac in 1994, not his murder which was in 1996.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Ah FFS - sorry.

Alerting so a mod can edit my boneheaded title. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ah FFS - sorry.

Alerting so a mod can edit my boneheaded title. :o

Don't worrry bout it man. Thanks for the link though, the article and Dexter Isaccs statement make for very interestin reading. I always knew Sean "Puffy" Combes was a rat and this proves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thread title edited as requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

DarkJager wrote: »
    Don't worrry bout it man. Thanks for the link though, the article and Dexter Isaccs statement make for very interestin reading. I always knew Sean "Puffy" Combes was a rat and this proves it.

I just heard about it on the radio this morning. The fallout from this investigation should be interesting for sure. I don't think there's been any response from Combs yet. I can't wait to hear what he has to say for himself now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just in case people dont look up the links, this is about his shooting outside a recording studio that kind of triggered the Bad Boy/Death Row fued before he went to prison.

Not the shooting in Las Vegas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

tupac_001.jpg

I presume that this is the ring that Henchmen wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

For all the Death Row posturing around that time, Puff Daddy was the top gangster.

A Mastermind - Everything planned out perfect, in case y'all niggaz got to get murdered
    A Mastermind - Sleeps at night, real easy
    A Mastermind - Cause everything he does is by the book
    A Mastermind - Never do a thing irrational, lives forever, these tales are classical

Hate that song.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This was before 2Pac was had signed to Death Row

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This was before 2Pac was had signed to Death Row

I didn't know that but i was talking more generally anyways. Puff Daddy never played it up to the thug image as much as Suge
    but i reckon he was still fairly shady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

interestingly if you read the letter he says about 2pac and bigges deaths "i want to give their mothers some closure , its about time someone did" so hes not saying why at the moment , but hes confirming the killings were linked , want to see what he reveals on that , itll be another 2 years though when the statute of limitations runs out before we hear about that

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I didn't know that but i was talking more generally anyways. Puff Daddy never played it up to the thug image as much as Suge
    but i reckon he was still fairly shady.

A lot of people have suggested that Puffy ordered the robbery after 2Pac turned down an offer to join Bad Boy Records. All rumors but some truth might be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

This messes with my head. So this is a guy Puffy had contact with and we're implying that he may have been complicit in it?

Tupac wouldn't have been the first to reject a BadBoy offer if that is seen as a possible motive.

To be honest I always thought Pac was either slightly paranoid or played up the Beef for record sales and publicity in the same way Ali and Gorgeous George did before him.

My understanding that it's nothing to do with signing to Bad Boy, there was a scuffle at the studio between 2 entourages, 1 just happened to be people from Bad Boy and it escalated from there.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My understanding that it's nothing to do with signing to Bad Boy, there was a scuffle at the studio between 2 entourages, 1 just happened to be people from Bad Boy and it escalated from there.

Where do you draw this conclusion from?

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Where do you draw this conclusion from?
    When the shooting happened, 2Pac was my god so at the time I scrambled for any info I could find. And that's what I found out at the time. I think one of the documentaries on 2Pac also covers it.

Advertisement