Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta riflescope

Options
  • 16-06-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Delta Optical Titanium 4.5-30x50 IR SideFocus (MCZ reticle)

Made in Japan.

Any one ever here of them???

LINK

This is the Reticle :

do-mcz_reticle.jpg

Suitable for 1000 meter shooting??

What you think??

I can get one secondhand at a decent price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

FishSlapped,
    Sorry to say I have not tried them or even heard of them. From Poland?

However, they are not cheap and I am wondering why you would even attempt them, knowing that price wise, you can get a great scope for the same dosh.

Were you interested in any of the scopes optics planet said they would ship? Also, Adorama (sp?) has a lot of scopes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

What kind of price would you be talking about, if you don't mind me being noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Sorry to say, I've never heard of that particular brand myself.
    Certainly, no one I know shooting out to 1000yards is using one AFAIK.

The price seems to be in or around the €730 or €650 mark from their own online polski sklep, which is a considerably on the southside of the kind of price you'd really expect to pay for some decent quality glass, particular for the longer ranges you mentioned.

You say they're Made in Japan? Can't seem to find anything on that - They seem to be made in Poland from what I can tell.

That reticle wouldn't be my cup-of-tea, particularly for the long range stuff. For one thing, there's no hash marks horizontally, which would make any hold-off or measurement for windage adjustments pretty impossible IMvHO.

Although the 1/8th MOA clicks are a good thing.

I'd be interested to see one of these in action - because if they are up to the standard the manufacturer says they are and they come with a 5 year guarantee, €700 or so wouldn't be a bad bet. Although, for not a shed-load more money, I'd personally get a tried and tested Sightron SIII for a "couple" of quid more - that is if I was not already using a Nightforce NXS 12 - 42 x 56 with an NP-R2 reticle.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Will they send them to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Not trying to be a pr1ck here, but in your OP you mentioned shooting out to 1000 yards? To be perfectly honest about this and realistic about what you could expect from these scopes, it's a bit of a push to think you'd be happy shooting 800 - 1000 yards with a pretty cheap scope such as these.

I may be very wrong and they might be the best thing since Ol' Mr. Brennan sliced a loaf, but realistically I'd doubt it and I think if you want to shoot the long-range distances which you mention, you'd be wasting your cash on buying any one of the scopes you mention.

The Leatherwoods are chinese-made from what I can tell. And in their online specs they do not indicate how much windage or elevation MOA you can expect from the scope - That would be a pretty critical piece of info IMO.

Also, the mil-dot reticle is of no use or benefit to you if you wanted to shoot long-range competitively or even for the crack - It's always best (IMvHO) to get a reticle with some sort of MOA-indication; That way you can judge the difference between your POA and POI and quickly adjust accordingly without having to do some hairy mental arithmetic converting mil-dots into MOA.

I really don't think any of these scopes would do you any favours at long-ranges. But......I may be wrong.

The leatherwood has 30 moa of elevation with 100 meter zero with 308.

The Millett has 60moa of elevation with 100 meter zero with 308.

This is what my budget will allow at the moment.

I would love a Nightforce... but funds won't allow... so if I could shoot 600 to 800 with some reasonable accuracy ... I would be happy enough till funds allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I think you should hold on until you have enough cash for a sightron or a nightforce.
    You will only be wasting money buying a cheap high mag scope that you will get very little for when you want to upgrade.
    I seen a few that guys bought of ebay and the optics were terrible.
    The sightrons are around 850 dollars which is not bad.

How much would a nightforce be?
    And which is better??

A night force would run it at around €1500.

It would be a long long time before I would have that to spend on a scope.

So I'll put it out there €350 to spend on a scope for to shoot 600 - 800 meters on a 308... options...

sat 8 - 32 x

hawke?
    MTC?

seen both used on centre fire rifles with good results...

or something like the millett above which was designed for long range with 120 moa of elevation???
    but that is still only 24X... or is 24X enough??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

dCORBUS
    What mag do you normally keep your nightforce at when shooting long distance ?
    Can you use it at 42 power or does mirage become a problem before that ?

Advertisement