Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do on single player

• 16-06-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I just moved back to my parents house and the interbob is too slow to play online so im stuck on single player. Problem is i have no idea what to do. I don't have the motivation to do a big build, i just want fun things to do. Such as a device to kill creepers? I want the gun powder :P

Oh please don't post pictures as the internet will take days to load it, I'm talking dial up speeds here folks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

a monster sky trap could be a good idea. it can be either really really big or as small as you want it.

basically go up above sea level about 35-40 blocks and build a platform. then put some walls and a roof on it and a hole in the middle. cage in the area under the hole in the middle and light it up. and voila you get not just gunpowder but arrows, feathers, bones and string

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Savage Beat

You should goto the Minecraft forum and get a few mods, especially the NUKE one, as it very fun to blow stuff up. :) And they are very Large explosions at that.
    There are others that can make it different for you and make it less boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

I tried the spawn platform and i cant get it to work. I have an interior dimension of 4 blocks of a floor by 3 blocks high so should i go bigger??

Im going to go download some mods when i am in an area with better signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Make it huge!
    Heres what I usually do. (And I know what it looks like, that was unintentional but it works!)
    163494.png
    Since water will flow 8 blocks from a spring, I make each channel (blue with arrows) 8 blocks long, you don't want the water falling off the end, so make sure 8 is right :P

I make the channels 3 and the hole in the middle 3x3 because 2x2 won't take spiders easily.

All channels are flat, the channels that meet in the middle are a block below the ones around the edge.
    163496.png

then have at least a 20 block drop down the middle, more is more better!
    I also rig up 3 arrow dispensers at the bottom of the trap hooked to a button outside the trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

I gotcha now. That's a nifty trap :p

I made a portal in my boredom and the one in the nether got destroyed straight away by a ghast. there goes days of work on my castle.

I started a new world and so far im just digging a huge room near the bedrock and found 4 diamond. not bad by my standards :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement