Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fry-up in the city

• 16-06-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭

We all know its a simple dish. But some places are stink (Tesco).

I got it in the cove some time ago was unreal. They lose marks for refusing to sell me another one at midday a week later tho citing it as too late.. :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

You dont fancy cooking at home while you have a mice problem?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

The exchange used to do a quality one years ago.

The brasserie do a good all day one too

Had one in revolution couple of weeks back and wasn't a big fan... No white pudding, mushrooms, hash brown or beans in a full fry is a joke. To be fair what they did give was nice:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

get the halfway house mixed grill, it comes out on a back of a door, they never sell deserts either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭munsterman2008

a little bit conscious in the kitchen with them alrite stig ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Kazbar is the business, mini fry for a fiver, toast, sausage, bacon, egg and tea/coffee or an all day breakfast, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans, toast and a mountain of big chunky home made chips and a tea or coffee.. and all for just seven euro. bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

+1 for the Kazbar. I've never tasted it but when I'm in there my buddy always has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Sumatras just down from that very tasty , regular brunch haunt for me on friday, speaking of which ..... Lovely fry give it a try!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I know it's going back a while, but Sizzlers on the quay used to have a savage fry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Sumatras called poppys now I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I'd have to go for The Gingerman and Dooley's Hotel as the best frys in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

Try the café in Lisduggan Shopping Centre. They do a great selection and it's not expensive. I think a three or four item "fry-up", with tea and toast costs about 5 Euro. Anytime I've eaten there it's been excellent, and it's a great place to people watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Café above Ardkeen shopping centre (by the library) does a lovely fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Try the café in Lisduggan Shopping Centre. They do a great selection and it's not expensive. I think a three or four item "fry-up", with tea and toast costs about 5 Euro. Anytime I've eaten there it's been excellent, and it's a great place to people watch.

+1

That café must be one of the most under rated cafés in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Has anybody got a breakfast out in the Ramada Hotel?

Don't know whether to go out, although it says it is the "best breakfast". I just don't know if it's table service, or self-service that a lot of hotels do.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Haven't been there in ages, but the Brasserie used to do a lovely all day breakfast. Used to always be stuffed after it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Never had the fry , but find it expensive in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

iseegirls wrote: »
    Has anybody got a breakfast out in the Ramada Hotel?

Don't know whether to go out, although it says it is the "best breakfast". I just don't know if it's table service, or self-service that a lot of hotels do.
    Last time i was there it was self service. All you could eat for a tenner, with a big selection of stuff. Id love one now.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

For some reason id love a massive breakfast roll.
    Havnt had one since about Feb/March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Dooley's do a Mini Breakfast for €4-75, and it is super, 2xRasher, 2xSausage, Scrambled or Fried Egg, Tea/Coffee and Toast. Well presented no greasy crap, would highly recommend, it's great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd agree with Poppy's. A mighty feed in that place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement