Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domonial alarm help please

Options
  • 16-06-2011 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

ok i know this system isnt meant to be a diy install but i would appreciate some help.

i have the engineers code and can programme using the keypad , that is register the pir and door contacts. i cant set the internal siren levels (in the panel) since it informs me that the address is not recognised (USING THE CODES IN THE TCU INSTALLATION MANUAL) which i dont understand , either there isnt a siren or the address codes are wrong in the manual.

i have added a user name using the tcu . 8 characters .

i have then exited programming and tried to set user options , heres the other problem it wont recognise the 4 digit master code (have also tried the engineers code) so i cannot register any proxi-tags .

i cant find any engineers manual that i can download to resolve my issues.

can anyone help or provide the manual .

please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrPC

Hi,
    As you know, I've asked if anyone has a copy of the programming manual - so if I do get one I will make sure to send you a copy.

In the meantime I have an idea regarding your problem with setting up users and registering the prox tags...

On my panel I also tried to setup users with 4-digit codes but it wouldn't allow this - I had to use SIX digit codes (e.g. a memorable birth date) before they were accepted.
    Once that was done then prox tags could be registered and assigned to them.

Hope that helps - it's a good system once it's up & running! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wendy05

thanks MrPC for the advice and encouragement. ive managed to register the detectors. ive managed to get the tcu recognised by the panel. i can set some of the general parameters. i cant set siren through programming. this is where i am at. frustrated :/ so to clarify. if i enter programming mode set the user with the tcu and 6 character code and not 8 .. then log out of programming and then try to log in to create the user w/ tag it should hopefully work? ill give it a go tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Was this a self install ?

hi again,

altor - this is an attempt at a self install ..

MrPC - thank you!!!!!!!! the 6 figure code method worked! very happy :)

now to try to set some of the system settings over the weekend.

.. back again to add - have managed to get the alarm up and working. appears all it needed was the 6 figure code to make the settings. thankssss !

just a question to add .. what does transmission effect (in programming mode) is it the radio transmission or the telephone ... and yes the manual will still be handy. :)

wendy05 wrote: »
    hi again,

altor - this is an attempt at a self install ..

Was there no manual with the panel ?

• Advertisement

there is an installation manual using the TCU handset with address codes but it's sparse on information - detail. I do have it fully working now btw. Thanks to MrPC help/hint. I do need to know a little more about the system (I dont fancy going through defaulting the system and re inputting the data), .. the manual i have doesnt make things clear.

edited: grrrr ive now managed to lock the system and need a reset! i cant find a screen to reset or know what the reset code!!!!

anyone ??

please.

wendy05 wrote: »
    there is an installation manual using the TCU handset with address codes but it's sparse on information - detail. I do have it fully working now btw. Thanks to MrPC help/hint. I do need to know a little more about the system (I dont fancy going through defaulting the system and re inputting the data), .. the manual i have doesnt make things clear.

edited: grrrr ive now managed to lock the system and need a reset! i cant find a screen to reset or know what the reset code!!!!

anyone ??

please.

You probably have to go into your user menu to allow access to the engineering. I would of thought they would of given a detailed engineer manual with the alarm system.

You should contact the seller of the system to see if they can get you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'm not familiar with the dominial but most Honeywell panels have an option in the user menu to allow engineer access, you need to enable this
    Most of the Honeywell panels I use do not come with an eng manual. The reps usually hand them out to installers once they have recieved training.

Hi again, altor & Jnealon

Ok I had to do a default and re program.

I'll investigate the user menu as suggested. Otherwise it's working which is the main thing.

There is a user handbook for the panel and there is a handbook for programming via the TCU (keypad unit) and user settings via the TCU. But the info. is very sparse .

Thanks to all of you for helping me to get it up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KyleJuk

Hey i see you guys have got a engineer code and a manual is there any chance you could forward this onto me. I am in dire need for it.

Thank You Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement