Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passage road closed by Gardaí

• 16-06-2011 7:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just drove up to the dunmore road from town, and the passage road was closed off by Gardaí, seemed strange, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

There's some sort of superfuneral going on in Bally gunner at the moment so maybe some kind of procession? I don't know who it's for but there's hundreds of cars parked along the Ballygunner hill

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

There's some sort of superfuneral going on in Bally gunner at the moment so maybe some kind of procession? I don't know who it's for but there's hundreds of cars parked along the Ballygunner hill

That's the annual Ballygunner Cemetery Mass....doubt that's why the road is closed tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Went to go around it myself, up Grange Park road, left onto Grange Crescent, then left again down Summerville Avenue, however the ESB had blocked off that route.

There's also two fire engines there too, as of 40 mins ago anyway.

Electrical fault perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Superfuneral I love it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's a serious fire. I was heading out to Waterpark and had to divert around at 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

There were esb cables all across the road you couldn't get passed them, I drove up to them and realised I had to turn back, had to drive down by benildus and up wilkin street , I dont now how the cables were ripped off the poles , gust of wind or some supernatural creature , who knows???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Was it caused by thunder and lightning perhaps? it went fair dark at one stage where i am(in Kilmac) and very heavy downpour of rain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Apparently a tree got hit by lightning. Then it fell on to some electricty cables and cause some damage to a near by house. Think part of the house was set on fire.

Apparently a tree got hit by lightning. Then it fell on to some electricty cables and cause some damage to a near by house. Think part of the house was set on fire.

Jesus!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Oh my god, thats dreadful. When did this happen, yesterday evening or during the night? I hope no one was hurt :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

decies wrote: »
    There were esb cables all across the road you couldn't get passed them, I drove up to them and realised I had to turn back, had to drive down by benildus and up wilkin street , I dont now how the cables were ripped off the poles , gust of wind or some supernatural creature , who knows???

Gojira!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Classic Chevy Chase and National Lampoon´s script.:D
    Username is excellent for this post.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I heard the guards are looking for some missing goats.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I heard the guards are looking for some missing goats.

The goats knocked down the tree and set fire to a house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Nobody was in the house at the time. The ESB told the owners that had somebody been there, the surge could have caused great injury.

That family was lucky so!!

Advertisement