Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what has happened customer service since rebranding?

Options
  • 16-06-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

We have multiple meters here at our property,and we stuck with ESB throughout the period where they weren't allowed compete on price as we always found the customer service to be very helpful, accurate and prompt when dealing with any queries and was worth paying the extra few bob.

Since ESB became electric ireland (march) we have had problem after problem and I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort things out, now the next beills are out and there are more problems! I just don't have the will or energy to ring that number that has been branded to my brain from use!

I'll start with the problems from the last billing period.

1. over charged by 600 units even though I gave the meter reader the correct readings.

2 charged for 6 months of standing charges from a year previous, I was lucky I had the last years bills to hand to prove that I had been charged for them at the time the bill was issued. Was assured a callback from a supervisor for the next day that never came and had to ring again and deal with someone new to explain everything again.

3 We decided to have the above meter disconnected and removed as we rarely use it, rang and arranged it, was told I would be contacted regarding a date for removal of service, a disconnection charge was applied to the account.
    Next monday I received a call from a technician saying he was outside my gate and needed access to deenergize. I was an hour away and had to send him away, I told him it was removal of the meter I had wanted and he told me to contact ESB networks.
    Rang Networks and was told that Electric Ireland had cancelled the request and I would have to set it up again.
    Rang Elec. Ire. to make request again and was told disconnection charge would apply, I told him a charge was already applied and was told that this would be removed.

ESB Networks very promptly removed the meter. Final bill arrived with 2 disconnection charges, Yet another call to Elec. Ire. to get this charge removed I also asked for a complete and final bill as well as an explanation with regards the overcharging for previous years standing charge for my records. A final bill was recieved but no explanation.

4. In the meantime I had signed up the remaining accounts to Elec. Ire. new price plan. and had received confirmation of this via email.....

The meter reader came lat week and I gave him the readings.

The email bill came a few days ago...
    the bill lists 3 different meters.. we have 4 active meters.. One of the meters on the email is an account we had removed nearly 4 years ago and I did not sign up with this account.. So.. There are 2 accounts in the ether out there and I do not know how much they are for.. The bank account we use for the direct debit is only used to pay for electricity bills so I don't know how much to put in the account..

After all this. I'm seriously considering moving to bord Gais or anyone who is happy just to bill me accurately and take the money.

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam.
    Wazzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Also, just trying to view my account, when I click on view bill my apple downloads a file in a .sap format but doesn't open it. What application do I need to view it? I have MS office?

And once more, when I look at the account overview on the meter we use most it is listed as domestic rural, not as supersaver as the other account has. does this mean the discount has not been applied for this account? Jeez..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi wazzoraybelle,

I'm very sorry to hear of these frustrating experiences. Please, if you would PM me your account details, I will look into this for you immediately.

Thanks,

David.

pm sent.
    wazzo

Thank you David for giving this matter your attention, however another problem has arisen today that I felt should be posted on thread.

I received an Elec. Ire. bill in the post today ( although I had signed up for online billing) nearly 2 weeks after the meter readings were texted by arrangement to the meter reader.

It is an estimate ( as are all my other bills) and over reads the meter by 800 units!! I was under the impression that estimations were made by referring to previous usage, however this particular meter is used only to operate our well pump and used approxaimately 0.75kw/day. It would take us three years nearly to use 800 units.
    Along with all the other mistakes on our different accounts, Elec. Ire. has attempted to overcharge us by nearly 500 euro since April.

Wazzo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jinks7

Thank you David for giving this matter your attention, however another problem has arisen today that I felt should be posted on thread.

I received an Elec. Ire. bill in the post today ( although I had signed up for online billing) nearly 2 weeks after the meter readings were texted by arrangement to the meter reader.

It is an estimate ( as are all my other bills) and over reads the meter by 800 units!! I was under the impression that estimations were made by referring to previous usage, however this particular meter is used only to operate our well pump and used approxaimately 0.75kw/day. It would take us three years nearly to use 800 units.
    Along with all the other mistakes on our different accounts, Elec. Ire. has attempted to overcharge us by nearly 500 euro since April.

Wazzo

Electric Ireland Get Nasty

I switched to Electric Ireland last year to get best rate. In the last 26 hours I have been called twice on private number from electric ire and got a text telling me to contact them urgently. I made 2 calls to them and apparently we are owe 70 euros since the last bill on 6 jan. I have never not paid a bill, this was purely an oversight. I feel as if i'm being harassed and hounded for an oversight. I called today at 1.30 to say stop harassing me, the bill has been paid online and that I would be switching suppliers immediately. Fergal,who refused to give me his surname, then said in a nasty tone "well if u paid ur bill we wouldn't call you". I have found them aggressive, nasty and over the top. Have just made the call to bord gauss to switch back, they were so lovely. Stay away from nasty electric ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Jinks7 I've deleted your other posts in this topic. It is not good etiquette to post the same topic many times in different thread. If you want your problem addressed, open one thread for your issue, and stick to it.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Jinks7,

We are sorry to read that you felt harassed. Our credit terms are that we give all customers 14 days to clear the bill once it has been received.

For any customer who has a bill that is not paid within the two-week period following bill notification, this information is automatically highlighted by the system in order for us to remind the customer – it is not intended to harass, it is applicable to all customers.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement