Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BLUE BLOODS (RTE)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Riskymove wrote: »
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    , and how it all gets wrapped up almost instantly in the last few mins, don't go to the toilet at 50mins in, cause Donnie is about to rip this st*t up and solve the case.

??

isn't that what most shows do?

it they solved the case in the first 10 mins it wouldn't be much of an episode:D

Agreed! But in some episodes it seems they haven't got a clue and the main lead turns into dead end, comes back after the break and he has it solved practically!

Don't get me wrong, I do like the show and Donnie is the best part of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: the whingeing and complaining going on in this thread :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Riskymove wrote: »
    ??

isn't that what most shows do?

it they solved the case in the first 10 mins it wouldn't be much of an episode:D
    I think what he means is that the show suffers from 'crime of the week' syndrome. Each episode is a new case that gets neatly resolved at the very end while contributing almost nada to any sort of over-arching storyline. It's difficult to become invested in a series so transient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Really can't believe there are people out there who found this muddled mess of cliches, unrealistic storylines and nauseating family moments entertaining.

I'd rather sit through a whole CSI box set than watch one episode of BB. Really puts into perspective how good the Wire is watching crap like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 starts on RTE 2 tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Going down the Donnie Brasco line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Their is a fair amount of negative feedback in this thread. I missed most of last series due to work commitments but purchased the box-set and enjoyed it.

It's nice that this series has followed on from where it left off, and done so effortlessly was a bonus!

Slow to start, but it wasn't long before I fell right back in again, and am looking forward to the next episode now. The Regan family work well as a unit, as corny as some scenarios are with them, it seems to work imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I won't be tuning in for season 3 anyway,the last episode of season 2 was a load of bollocks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's a bit cheesy, but i like it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

actually will there be a season 3?

Yep there will be a 3rd season

I wanted Erin and her kid killed off this season

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yep there will be a 3rd season

I wanted Erin and her kid killed off this season

I also wanted Danny's wife and children killed along with the ex Harvard attending brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I love the show for what it is. Love the sunday dinner scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone know what happened to the younger brother's undercover storyline??

Seems to be have been completely forgotten about :confused: (unless his new undercover mission is as a stay at home son who makes cringey jokes at the cringey weekly family dinner).

The show is watchable up to a point as long as you don't think about it too much.

The main thing that bugs me is the age of the male characters, they could easily lose a couple of generations and the show would be a lot less cluttered - the guy playing Tom Selleck's father is 6 years older than him in real life. If they were to kill him off (along with his grand-daughter and great-grand-daughter) the show would be a lot better imho

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paul_mcshane

its refreshing to see a show which isnt heavy on liberal politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Good enough old fashioned family friendly cop show. But the everyone sitting down together for Sunday lunch was bizarre. How come Danny and his wife didn't want to have lunch in their own home with their own kids once in a while?

Season 3 starts on RTE 2 Friday the 10th of May

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 3 starts on RTE 2 Friday the 10th of May

Wohoo. Granted it's on a bit late, but sure Friday night tv is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Have the reminder in the phone already....looking forward to it!!!

Returns to RTE 2 tonight at 9

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get in !!! Double episode !!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Get in !!! Double episode !!

Blue Bloods returns for a fourth series on RTÉ Two with a double bill

Advertisement