Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water gone in West side of city till 6am

Options
  • 16-06-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Just realised we've no water and rang the council.Apparently water is going to be cut off now for the night due to road works so if you need water before the morning nows your chance to go to the shop!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Noticed the drop in pressure from the tap. Thanks for the heads-up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Thanks for that.

We couldn't find anything on galwaycity.ie, and have arranged for our plumber to come up and check things!

Must warn the neighbours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Just realised we've no water and rang the council.Apparently water is going to be cut off now for the night due to road works so if you need water before the morning nows your chance to go to the shop!

Cheers OP, would have been nice if we got some notice from the council :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

we've no water in shantalla since about 20:30.
    anyone know what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

gone all-over the west of the city till 6am due to roadworks,

there's a thread about this already if you have a look, it has more details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

gone in the westside as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Odd that we weren't told in advance ? :confused: Normally there is an announcement on the radio or something. Maybe there was and I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Nothing on Galway Bay FM at 5 or 6 and nothing on the council website very poor show :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

****! I'm dehydrated FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Water was gone on shop street this evening. It was gone when I got home to Woodquay at 9pm, but came back shortly after, low pressure though.

I looked and couldn't find any notice :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Water was back on at 8am this morning anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'm just off the phone from the Corpo, and I feel sorry for the girl in customer service.

The cut off was as a result of the Seamus Quirke Road roadworks, and effected from Claddagh, city centre, and all of Westside.

As far as the girl I was talking to is aware, there are no further cuts planned for over the weekend.

As for the lack of information, all she could do was apologise. I got the impression that they hadn't been warned either.

I asked if any further cuts would be shown on the website, and was told that they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Ridiculous. The water is back now but really cloudy, it looks disgusting. Anyone else having this problem? I can't believe notice wasn't given! The blue note was closed early last night too, and I'd imagine more pubs and businesses in the area were effected too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Was driving around and noticed leak at the Mill St/Lr Newcastle junction and another up Shantalla road around 150m north of Cookes corner. They must have overcooked the network on restoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Yes the water is very cloudy indeed. Not appealing to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone know why it is cloudy?
    Our looks like there's chalk dissolved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

smelly westies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

The water is cloudy due to air locks. Pour yourself a glass, let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Watch the "cloudiness" rise to the top until it's completely gone.

There's a few tiny bubbles of air left clinging to the sides of the glass afterwards, so you know it's just air.

I thought it was dust as well at first. Credit goes to my dad on this one. :pac:

Advertisement