Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ohhh No you haven't

• 16-06-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

My Astro city arrived Yesterday.
    I have been secretly dreaming of this moment for the last month.
    I have brushed aside the "for F**k Sake Dave" and "your feckin mad" every day from the missus since she found out and it's finally worth it.

Got it with a tri-synch chassis and two player 6 button CP.
    It was a tight squeeze and I had to haul it through the windows which measured 755 mm ..cab is 750. No scrapes occurred and they aren't that heavy even with monitor.I could have split it in two as most of the bolts were missing.

Its in lovely condition..no noticeable screen burn,a few nicks on the sides but I expected that.

All in all I'm absolutely chuffed and fair play to Ronnie who I got it off.
    Excellent professional service all round and dropped to your door on a pallet

Now i'm gonna get the stuff together to also put xbox 360 in it for fighting game heaven

201106161955451.jpg

201106162011061.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congratulations dude! It looks lovely. For a sec I was thinking, didn't he already get a cab but that was ondafly. :o

"Haul it through the windows" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

OMG-WFT-BBQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

nice one - welcome to club candy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

bloody two prong plugs:):)

bloody two prong plugs:):)

could have been worse :pac:

2130033568_af8f6a9831.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

the big question, how much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks very sweet.

What's the story with import duty and all that sort of thing?

Or is it not charged as it comes from Ronnieland?

I'm waiting on my cab at the mo so I probably should have checked that side of things out a while ago :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I was wondering where that Killer Instinct II cabinet went! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Looks very sweet.

What's the story with import duty and all that sort of thing?

Or is it not charged as it comes from Ronnieland?

I'm waiting on my cab at the mo so I probably should have checked that side of things out a while ago :o

You'd only have to pay import tax if it's coming from outside the EU. Anything within the EU can't be taxed like that.

You have a cab coming too?

This is turning into candy land!

unky chop chop - that machine is a thing of beauty. Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

cool stuff man how much it cost?

ive been on the look out for for an ol style version of Shinobi for years got a little spot set aside for whens i find it :cool:

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    You'd only have to pay import tax if it's coming from outside the EU. Anything within the EU can't be taxed like that.

You have a cab coming too?

This is turning into candy land!

unky chop chop - that machine is a thing of beauty. Well done! :)

Yep no Import tax onlly shipping from Ronnieland.
    Flat 240 euro shipping delivered to your door.
    With all these Candy Cabs from Ronnie he must be living the high life now,Eating Dodo eggs served to him buy his monkey butler.
    He probably uses a candy cab as a crapper

Yep no Import tax onlly shipping from Ronnieland.
    Flat 240 euro shipping delivered to your door.
    With all these Candy Cabs from Ronnie he must be living the high life now,Eating Dodo eggs served to him buy his monkey butler.
    He probably uses a candy cab as a crapper

Yeah, I'd say he's doing fairly well alright. Plus he has that other online shop/eBay store as well that sells nice but expensive things.

How long did delivery take once he shipped it for you?

Who's Ronnie and why is he eating Dodo eggs?

Seriously though, what a lovely cab that is. Can't wait to source my own. No room for one this year, will have to wait until appraisal season next year I think.

Enjoy it, well done again. :)

p.s: Any hints or tips on how to get approval from the good woman to buy one of these? :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say he's doing fairly well alright. Plus he has that other online shop/eBay store as well that sells nice but expensive things.

Do you have a link for that handy?
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    p.s: Any hints or tips on how to get approval from the good woman to buy one of these? :D

All I had to do was agree to getting the house painted e.g. fork out the funds to get a proper painter to do it. No probs and happy days. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    All I had to do was agree to getting the house painted e.g. fork out the funds to get a proper painter to do it. No probs and happy days. :pac:

Hmm, puts me in good stead for next year then! :)

Time to start the Astro cab and Cave PCB fund in earnest! I can just see it now though. I'll buy one, get it delivered, set it up quickly but in my excitement leave the little PCB door open and rush out up to Spar for a few scoops for the night ahead.

I'll come home to find my dog has taken a crap in it.

:(

Pyongyang wrote: »

I'll come home to find my dog has taken a crap in it.

:(

Drop kick it out the window. That'll "learn" it. :D

Master of the Universe

Buy a really huge cabinet that she'll hate. Drive her mental with it.

Then after a while tell her that you feel bad and will downsize to a candy just to keep her happy.

Do you have a link for that handy?

Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/japaneseretrogamesandconsoles

He does have a few nice things on the ebay store.

Hmmm, Father's day coming up, good excuse as any to make a purchase or two. :p

Master of the Universe

A father's day candy cabinet? You know you want to :D

• Advertisement

Buy a really huge cabinet that she'll hate. Drive her mental with it.

Then after a while tell her that you feel bad and will downsize to a candy just to keep her happy.

Thats kinda what I did. She hates my other Midway cab. I told her i was getting this smaller one and selling the Midway.
    Now i will have to tell her the bad news that no one wants to buy it :pac:

On the plus side she thinks the Astro city is "Cute"

A father's day candy cabinet? You know you want to :D

Stop, I've been toying with a second...feck all room though.

Master of the Universe

Thats kinda what I did. She hates my other Midway cab. I told her i was getting this smaller one and selling the Midway.
    Now i will have to tell her the bad news that no one wants to buy it :pac:

On the plus side she thinks the Astro city is "Cute"

I did something similar too. There's no better way of making a candy look small then to have it replace a 6 foot woody monster.

You reminded me of a post I read on another forum. A guy was having a problem getting a cab into his house...he was allowed in the end, but had to customize it pink. I can't find the photos anywhere, but it did look really really cool!
    Stop, I've been toying with a second...feck all room though.

There's always room...! ;)

Is it to have a vertical monitor? Or do you just fancy having multiple cabs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Aw man, I'd love one of those, when I convince the missus the defender cab is going in place of one of these

Drop kick it out the window. That'll "learn" it. :D

Hell no, I flew the little fecker over 4000 miles to Ireland with us!

Hey, a question to you guys.

I'm gonna have an xbox 360 in this beauty as soon as possible.
    I'm very wary of playing it with no Jamma board attached.
    I've heard no 5v load on PSU can wreck it eventually,but I have also heard it's unlikely.
    Also if it is likley why does no 12v attached cause no issue:confused:
    Is this even true.
    I have normal Astro PSU with no LED to take the strain,no Amp.

Can I buy 5volt LED from shop and somehow attach it to 5v going to edge connector for piece of mind.
    Will this work?

If this worked I was thinking how to do it?

Maybe just solder wire to short leg and long leg of LED and stick into edge connector ground and 5v pin when playing xbox 360.:confused:

I'm a tad poor on the oul electronics:):)

I've had a doubt about this as well, so I've literally been leaving the MVS load up etc, and audio video are being sent direct to the Xbox360, which leaves the PSU powering the monitor and an MVS unit (with its sound turned down)

mmm interesting.
    But how do you achieve this with normal jamma board.
    I haven't tested yet. But if I connect xbox via VGA as well as Jamma board what will happen?
    Jamma stills send video signal to monitor-can't stop that as it also powers monitor it via same loom.
    At the same time Xbox also sends VGA signal to monitor chassis.Which has priority if you now what i mean?
    Are the video wires from the Jamma board taken out of play when you disconnect that vga cable running from chassis to VGA connector on Chassis.
    should be same set up on yours Ondafly, I haven't had a good look at the Chasis as you have split cab to get a good look

The thing I haven't inspected or have any idea about is this auto tri-synch monitor stuff.

it will all make sense to you when you disconnect the VGA cable, the monitor will no longer be receiving the signal from Jamma, but instead from your xbox, as you will have connected it up that way. BTW you will also need a VGA gender changer, otherwise you are left with 2 male VGA connectors which obviously won't connect.

if you have the same monitor chassis as me ? a rodotron ? it has auto sync for VGA etc. What I would insist on though, is prior to connecting to your arcade monitor, first plug into your HD tv if its got a VGA input, and set your resolution on the xbox to 640x480, if you don't there is a strong chance you could damage the monitor by sending a signal greater than 480p - i.e. 1080p etc

• Advertisement

Now it makes sense.Hence my last crazy ramble
    I just unplug vga cable in cab,hook xbox vga cable up to that cable via adaptor.
    I was thinking how it would work if unlpluged cable from VGA input on monitor chasis and just plugged my xbox VGA cable straight into that input on chassis

Quick vid of my astro city as it stands.

I'm like a child in a candy store with it.

Next up is to buy a+b Cps2 boards...Jebus they are pricey

Master of the Universe

Nice vid! Must get me one of those keyrings :D

Great work on the pad hacks too. It looks so neat in there.

Have you seen a CPS2 board in the flesh? They're feckin huge.

This ain't a small baby! -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm9lA_mCnDOIb23Bma8IxZRopM6a15UIgtoZBQBlIW2rryZVyemQ&t=1

It's going to be one tight squeeze getting an XBOX and one of them in there. May just about fit.

Quality..that really strikes home what i want more.
    No clothes needed,college funds...
    Surley you are you entitled to paternity leave if you get an cps2 board

Nice neat setup dude. You're gonna have to make a part 2 to that vid or post a pic of that keyring!
    "none of yer pokemon sh1t" :pac:

Any way to the right of the jamma mounting board is loads of space in an astro city. There is nothing in there once you slip our the wooden board.
    Plenty of room for babies

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Excellent! Fill that machine with babies!!!!

Any CPS2 games you're looking for in particular? The range in price is pretty mental. Some you can get for about €40...some, well, you probably know how high they can go!

all the marvels, SF alphas and darkstalkers series.
    Let an A+B board go on ebay for 50 euro last week.missed the last bid.
    Also an MVS board. I want it all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahh, babies, the other white meat....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm9lA_mCnDOIb23Bma8IxZRopM6a15UIgtoZBQBlIW2rryZVyemQ&t=1

Brings a whole new meaning to the word Motherboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I had to practically give my CPS2 collection away about a year ago. No interest whatsoever, Adverts/ebay...seemed like nobody knew what they even were.

Super SF2
    Super SF2 Turbo
    SFA 1 - 3

All USA blue boards, all phoenixed by Razoola...nice chap on adverts got them all for very little

• Advertisement

Damn it.wheres the best place to get hold of em..ebay?.i,d imagine shipping prices are a bugger

nice work Unky - I've done similiar myself, but I'm wondering how have you got around the issue with which joypad becomes player 1 or player 2 ? as it stands for me, its whichever one comes on first (via usb).

Cheers mate.

Regarding one player/two player set up...I haven't really thought about it.
    I mean I turn on xbox usually with left side controls and then sign in..that makes it 1 player automatically

I must say crimping all those amp pins with pliers was a pain in the ass,but well worth it for neatness and swapping to Jamma.

I have just ordered a CPS2 a board for 35 quid of ebay..can't wait.Is that a good price

Quick question regarding kick harness for cps2...Does it line up with astro kick harness pin out? I presume so

Cheers mate.

Regarding one player/two player set up...I haven't really thought about it.
    I mean I turn on xbox usually with left side controls and then sign in..that makes it 1 player automatically

I must say crimping all those amp pins with pliers was a pain in the ass,but well worth it for neatness and swapping to Jamma.

I have just ordered a CPS2 a board for 35 quid of ebay..can't wait.Is that a good price

Quick question regarding kick harness for cps2...Does it line up with astro kick harness pin out? I presume so

ah it wasn't too bad doing all the crimping ! i've had to do alot worse :D

CPS2 board for 35 - does it include the a-board ? if so thats pretty cool. Hopefully its a Euro/JPN , as they are interchangeable with eachother.

Regarding the kick harness - on one end, its the same pinout however on the end that plugs into the CPS2 board, its 12pin (i think) IDE style plug. If you haven't already, just buy a kick harness from ebay, and crimp the other end to the Astro City plug.

Master of the Universe

The vast majorty of CPS2 PCBs I've seen come with an A board already. You'll probably end up building a collection of A boards just through buying games :)

You're better off with a load of them anyway. Changing them is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Ahhh i see..its a jap so should be interchangable with blue boards.
    now the fun part begins,buying the B boards.

on a different topic does any one know where to download move insert instructions.
    I did see a site ages ago but can't for the life of me remember where it was.Should habe bookmarked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

on a different topic does any one know where to download move insert instructions.
    I did see a site ages ago but can't for the life of me remember where it was.Should habe bookmarked

If you're a member of a decent emulation torrent site then an alternative would be to download a MAME Extra's pack purely for the artwork folder as it has those instructions for most games.

Cheers never thought of that.
    Unfortunatley i am one of those leechers of society who hasn't signed up to a torrent site. Utorrent all the way .

I have found this site which has some nice clean arcade artwork to be had
    http://arcadeartlibrary.com/arcade_art/categories.php?cat_id=8&page=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Cheers never thought of that.
    Unfortunatley i am one of those leechers of society who hasn't signed up to a torrent site. Utorrent all the way .

I have found this site which has some nice clean arcade artwork to be had
    http://arcadeartlibrary.com/arcade_art/categories.php?cat_id=8&page=1

try a google of pleasuredome mame, you should find something there;)

or check out this site http://emdkay.net/arcade_artwork_share.html

SSFIV arcade edition move lists (legit too:pac:)

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/AC/download.html

edit ! just realised they are in Japanese, but still, you can work it out :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement