Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPA

Options
  • 16-06-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Why dont dit give grades and GPA results. All I get is a percentage. Would anyone know what GPA system they use cause I found a few different ones on the net. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Clairey__ wrote: »
    Why dont dit give grades and GPA results. All I get is a percentage. Would anyone know what GPA system they use cause I found a few different ones on the net. Thanks

It's super annoying... I generally go by the UCD one which is broken down really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Its only recently that Irish colleges started doing GPAs as far as I know. THe irish standard was always pass, 2.2, 2.1, 1.1 but then american life crept in especially when UCD Horizons was brought on board. It was a pain though when I was applying for a masters in America and couldnt figure out my GPA for the application based on DIT results.

I never really got the whole GPA things, it works backwards. 4.0 is good instead of getting a 1.1 which makes sense. Putting in 2.1 makes it seem like a bad result when in Ireland its good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Advertisement