Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brown discharge (sorry)

Options
  • 16-06-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

I just went to the loo and had some brown mucus on my underwear. when i wiped there was nothin. is this the sign of a miscarriage. im terrified. saw the heart beat at 8 weeks and will be 10 weeks tomorrow. so scared right now. thionk it happened when i sneezed.

any advice or info?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

It mightn't be anything to worry about, never been 10 weeks pregnant so can't say for certain but I think some discharge is normal. It could be bacterial irritation, not something serious and you said it was a small bit nothing major. As far as I know, miscarriages don't start off in so gentle a manner. But my advice is ring the out of hours doctor and talk to a nurse for advice. You don't need to see the doc but make an appointment if the nurse's advice isn't enough. Try not to fret about it, you'll only get more stressed out and that's not good for you, pregnant or otherwise =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Give the hospital a ring, the Early Pregnancy Unit will be able to speak to you and reassure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

January wrote: »
    Give the hospital a ring, the Early Pregnancy Unit will be able to speak to you and reassure you.

definitely, the midwifes have seen and heard everything a thousand + times, and if it is normal they will be able to tell you and if not they can book u in for an emergency scan.. fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlybob

Red Fraggle, please try not to worry...the very same happened me at weeks 8 and 11...but the discharge continued lightly throughout the day on week 11...I went to my gp on both times and he sent me for a scan just to ease my nerves...the first was breakthrough bleeding and the 2nd they couldn't explain, but they did say it could have been caused from having sex.. the baby was fine both times thank god and I am now 16 weeks gone and haven't had any brown discharge since...try not to worry but go to your gp tomorrow just to ease your mind...I would have let it go the 2nd time, but it had been much heavier than the last time...

best of luck ..

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

rang aviva nurse on call and she said its mostly normal and if i get cramps or bleeding i am to go to doctor. rang care doc too and the nurse gave me the same advice. she said it can be normal and it can be a sign of other things and to go to bed and rest and monitor it. so far no more discharge. ill prob ring my own doc in the morning. thanks to all. im off to bed to hope for the best!

• Advertisement

hi all. no more discharge at all during the night.:) rang the early assessment unit and the secretary said thats usually normal and doesnt think i need to come in. she was goin to get the nurse to ring me after 12 but ive to be in work for 2 so im gona head off to my doctor this mornin anyway. id feel better after talking to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I just went to the loo and had some brown mucus on my underwear. when i wiped there was nothin. is this the sign of a miscarriage. im terrified. saw the heart beat at 8 weeks and will be 10 weeks tomorrow. so scared right now. thionk it happened when i sneezed.

any advice or info?:(
    The missus had the same and all is well. It stopped shortly after. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't worried at the time.

The missus had the same and all is well. It stopped shortly after. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't worried at the time.

Thanks. im a bit more relaxed now but its scary as hell. we were both terrified last night and got hardly any sleep. since it hasnt happened since last night im a little more at ease but still goin to doc to get checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Fingers crossed for you Red Fraggle, keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to go to your EPU if it continues, that's what they're there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

If it's only a little bit of brown blood it should be ok, so nerve wracking though!

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for advice and info. it is very headwrecking. havnt had any more spots since. still not back to a really clear colour but its def not brown or red and only the usual amount. so nervous now anytime i think i feel somethin im running to the bathroom to check!! my doc did send me for a scan on fri and i could see the heart beating and that its kind of starting to take shape now. :D she gave me another pic and it was zoomed in so i could see more.

so excited now. gona try not to worry and enjoy it!

more brown discharge last night. it was a small amount. also have pains all over my stomach and left side but i think they are ibs related. if i get more discharge or the pains get worse ill see the doc. last week i got 4 different opions on slight brown discharge and all said its normal. easy to say, hard to believe. but im hopin for the best cos stressin aint helpin!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

more brown discharge last night. it was a small amount. also have pains all over my stomach and left side but i think they are ibs related. if i get more discharge or the pains get worse ill see the doc. last week i got 4 different opions on slight brown discharge and all said its normal. easy to say, hard to believe. but im hopin for the best cos stressin aint helpin!
    We stressed for ages over it. Book a scan and it will put your mind at ease.

We stressed for ages over it. Book a scan and it will put your mind at ease.

yeh. i had the scan last fri so duno if they will give me another one. but if i get another episode ill have to insist.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Call the nurse on call at your hospital. If they think you need to come in, I'm sure you will get a scan. Even, if you only had one last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Red fraggle, iv read all the comments related to your post and just wanted to reply when i saw your last one about the pain. While discharge can be normal in any stage of pregnancy, if it is accompanied by pain in the abdomen, i would say you need yo go back to the doctor or even better, ring the midwife in your maternity hospital and ask about it.,. I don't have ibs so don't know Wat it feels like, but if your feeling cramps then if i was you i would mention it to someone again and get some advice. Best of luck, and i hope you are feeling better

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Red fraggle, iv read all the comments related to your post and just wanted to reply when i saw your last one about the pain. While discharge can be normal in any stage of pregnancy, if it is accompanied by pain in the abdomen, i would say you need yo go back to the doctor or even better, ring the midwife in your maternity hospital and ask about it.,. I don't have ibs so don't know Wat it feels like, but if your feeling cramps then if i was you i would mention it to someone again and get some advice. Best of luck, and i hope you are feeling better

Thanks. i have to ring for blood results so i will prob mention it when i ring. i know theres nothin that can be done if there is a problem so im trying to reduce my stress and think positive. ibs comes with severre cramping and is worsened by stress so thats why im thinkin that. i have a scan on july 8th so hopefully that will be good news.please God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Redfraggle I've had brown spotting for the last 2 weeks and was convinced our baba was gone. Last week we measured small but this week we have a heartbeat :-) The doctor explained that as he fertilised egg fumbles for a spot to hang it,s hat it grabs a few other spots that don't take that causes a small bleed and the brown blood is the result :-)
    It's not always a bad thing and I did have cramps too. Fingers crossed for both of us

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi Redfraggle I've had brown spotting for the last 2 weeks and was convinced our baba was gone. Last week we measured small but this week we have a heartbeat :-) The doctor explained that as he fertilised egg fumbles for a spot to hang it,s hat it grabs a few other spots that don't take that causes a small bleed and the brown blood is the result :-)
    It's not always a bad thing and I did have cramps too. Fingers crossed for both of us

thats great news! def keepin fingers crossed for both of us. i have lower abdominal pain and i just duno what it is. if i get any discharge il def go to doc. hopin for the best.

more brown discharge last night and today. went to doc near work today and he said the pains are prob ibs and what im describing doesnt resemble a miscarriage at all. he gave me few days off work cos he saw how stressed i was. if it gets worse over the weekend and/or it turns to red then i will ring the hospital. hopin for the best and just trying to relax now. he said brown discharge can be from phsiological changes of the body especially down there cos there is so much goin on. just wondering why is it happenin now in week 11... anyway im home now resting and thinking positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Red Fraggle,

Hope you are feeling ok.....

If you get anymore pain or spotting go to the EPU and INSIST on being seen. I feel your stress. Try and get some rest this weekend.

.x.x.x

Red Fraggle,

Hope you are feeling ok.....

If you get anymore pain or spotting go to the EPU and INSIST on being seen. I feel your stress. Try and get some rest this weekend.

.x.x.x

thanks. im keepin a close eye on things and resting. goin to bed now. so hard not havin control but im trying the positive attitude. thanks for the post!

Advertisement