Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Live

Options
  • 16-06-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Im moving upto dublin in a few months and was just looking for some suggestions of places to rent. Im gonna be commuting from dublin to drogheda so would that mean i would have to stick to the northside of the city centre? Around drumconda maybe, dont wanna go any further north because the oh is working in stephens green and thats the reason for us moving up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

As well as Drumcondra - Glasnevin, Glasnevin North (wide-ranging term - some parts better than others), Santry, Beaumont, Marino, Clontarf.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I'd suggest something a little further east than Drumcondra - Marino, Clontarf. That means that you're on the trainline for the run up to Drogheda, while your OH is also within easy walking / bussing distance of Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

cheers for the help lads, ill be driving to drogheda so trainline wouldnt matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Do you know about the Matthews Bus service to Drogheda/Dublin?

They are a private bus company that runs a veery efficient service
    to Parnell Street from the McDonalds drive-thru in Drogheda.

Frequent, reliable service and they do long term commuter tickets too:

http://matthews.ie/en/coach-services/dundalk-drogheda-dublin

Drogheda train station is a good 10 minute walk from the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

yea i know it alright but i work on outskirts of the town not withing walking distance so ill definetly be driving up and down

• Advertisement
Advertisement