Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let Down by Councillors

Options
  • 16-06-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have never felt so low and letdown in all my life, had a local Councillor promise his support to me, my family and my colleagues on a local action group, Rathbride Action Group, he totaly lied to me and let me down badly, said he had two votes and they were ours, anyone else ever had this experience in and around the Kildare/Newbridge area.

I want to organise a rally at the KCC AGM next Friday to highlight and expose the lies and the angst that those lies cause residents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Hi,

While I agree with you you should also look at posting on

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056147594

best of luck with it although I don't know what support you'll get

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zerostandards

Beginning to understand now why Jack and Bobby were dispatched,they come from a long line of liars!

Did you hear the interview on Kfm this morning?

Really proved what is happening, as was it was suggested "kicking the can down the road"

Any idea how much support you might get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

had a local Councillor promise his support to me, my family and my colleagues on a local action group, Rathbride Action Group, he totaly lied..
    He may not necessarily have lied.

The reality is that public funds are very tight. Your competitors for the allocation of public funds - i.e. fellow taxpayers - may well be going to a higher authority.

If you want to give your cause a reasonable chance, you need to postpone the protest, and get on to your local TD and other local representatives and/or the relevant authority for your case.

Or you can do things the electorally ethical way and keep pestering the councillor(s). I don't think you will be likely to get far.

HE LIED! Told us he would support us in opposing a proposed road through a quiet residential area, hence saving public funds moderator,he did a complete 180 on us.

Must be lots of this sort of thing out there, god help us!

• Advertisement

later10 wrote: »

The reality is that public funds are very tight. Your competitors for the allocation of public funds - i.e. fellow taxpayers - may well be going to a higher authority.

If you want to give your cause a reasonable chance, you need to postpone the protest, and get on to your local TD and other local representatives and/or the relevant authority for your case.

Or you can do things the electorally ethical way and keep pestering the councillor(s). I don't think you will be likely to get far.

Oh he did lie, bend the truth or what ever you want to call it. What he said and what he did was two completely different and yes I heard him say what he said. I think a protest is a good idea afterall we have a voice and we should use it!!

Later 10 just as a way to explain, we have a quite residential estate on the outskirts of Kildare Town, KCC have proposed to run a relief road through the middle (I'm not exaggerating on this) of our estate not only this under european law because of the width of the road it must be 50Kph, we were originally told by the council that it was a road to give access to the new school, but yet we are now told it's a relief road to allow a future one way system in the town. This is the reason a protest is suggested

I have never felt so low and letdown in all my life, had a local Councillor promise his support to me, my family and my colleagues on a local action group, Rathbride Action Group, he totaly lied to me and let me down badly, said he had two votes and they were ours, anyone else ever had this experience in and around the Kildare/Newbridge area.

I want to organise a rally at the KCC AGM next Friday to highlight and expose the lies and the angst that those lies cause residents.

Keep in touch on this, I'd certainly like to lend support

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Have you been on to anyone at the Leinster Leader / Kildare Nationalist about his turnaround? A story on a backstabbing councillor might be a good way to focus people's attention on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Maybe he changed his mind because of all the people who actually want the road also contacted them and their reasons made more sense:confused:

• Advertisement

Maybe he changed his mind because of all the people who actually want the road also contacted them and their reasons made more sense:confused:

Looking at the 192 submission lodged to K.C.C. 5 of the submissions were in favour of the road. The residents of Rathbride were told that this road was being opened as an access point for the new school and the R.A.G. were asked to lodge suggestions with "better ideas" to K.C.C. They proposed and idea of having a turning circle in the estate with a set down area for buses and cars. It was ONLY then that K.C.C. admitted that this road was not for access to the school but for a ring road around the town and was to be used as part of the one way system that will be introduced at a later stage (at the start of this proposal councillors and K.C.C. were asked if this one way system would go ahead and we were told no it was not going to happen, as it turns out this was not the truth.

Another major problem is that this road will have a 50Kph speed limit and this cannot be change by K.C.C. without intervention of both the minister of transport and the European transport ruling body.

Both K.C.C. and councillors tried to "hoodwink" local residents and by their own admission did not expect such opposition to the proposal. We as residents have said from the start we do not and never have opposed progress but, we have found so many holes in this proposal that it K.C.C. must take this off the table. The road conditions the access points form the houses onto the road are all wrong. K.C.C. have also gone back on their own planning guidelines and recently granted planning for a 2,000 Sq Ft house with its driveway straight onto the road approx 30 Ft from the main junction at the end of this road. The senior road planner was not aware of this at the time of the launch of the proposal and only discovered this when it was pointed to him by the residents. This really shows a serious lack of interrnal communication within K.C.C.

This proposal is beyond the description of dangerous and needs to be sorted before a person is killed and it is not a matter of if but when.

This is only a small insight into this discussion and I could add several hours of time going into an indepth discription on this but I at this time I can't so I trust this makes you less :confused:

The issue is irrelevant now really, iots the way the council and the councillors bulldoze through there plans. At least KCC have not lied to us! The best way not to lie is to shut up and say nothing, thats what KCC did.

Post notice of a part viii and sat back and did nothing else.

But as for the councillors, they want to be all things to all men, Cllr Kennedy lied to us openly, pledged his support and then jumped ship and then lied about the lies he told. Tht is appalling and unacceptible from any elected representative.

The other councillors were not much better, but not as blatant liars.

We need a forum to name and shame councillors, I know the first name on that list.

The issue is irrelevant now really, iots the way the council and the councillors bulldoze through there plans. At least KCC have not lied to us! The best way not to lie is to shut up and say nothing, thats what KCC did.

Post notice of a part viii and sat back and did nothing else.

But as for the councillors, they want to be all things to all men, Cllr Kennedy lied to us openly, pledged his support and then jumped ship and then lied about the lies he told. Tht is appalling and unacceptible from any elected representative.

The other councillors were not much better, but not as blatant liars.

We need a forum to name and shame councillors, I know the first name on that list.

It seems it it not the first time that this has happened and maybe it is time to put a stop to this crap.......... People seem to forget that it could be them next time......

What time is the agm on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

later10 wrote: »

I am waiting almost two years now for a reply from a young female councillor on a relatively innocous environmental issue. I have sent several reminders and have referred to this in several emails to her Party's Tds and to no avail. Incidentally, when one of those TDs showed no sign of replying to an email and reminders I sent him, I simply started sending emails to party headquarters to get them to ask him to reply - that worked and I did get a reply from him.
    To get anywhere, you have to be persistent and will to go over their heads right to HQ and Party HQ. Never accpet not getting a reply !
    I was delighted to see she failed to get into the senate !:D

anymore wrote: »
    I am waiting almost two years now for a reply from a young female councillor on a relatively innocous environmental issue. I have sent several reminders and have referred to this in several emails to her Party's Tds and to no avail. Incidentally, when one of those TDs showed no sign of replying to an email and reminders I sent him, I simply started sending emails to party headquarters to get them to ask him to reply - that worked and I did get a reply from him.
    To get anywhere, you have to be persistent and will to go over their heads right to HQ and Party HQ. Never accpet not getting a reply !
    I was delighted to see she failed to get into the senate !:D

You sound shocked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

County Councillors have ZERO power. Sounds to me he/she was just keeping you sweet as a potential voter and constituent.

The issue here, they certainly have power, they on Monday week will decide or not, to destroy a quiet residential estate forever!

The only case to be made by them is that it was referred to in a town plan in 1996. This in the councils view overrides all safety concerns and issues of which there are many.

The local area council will not rubber stamp the plan themselves because thay are aware of the safety issues but do not want to be complicite in the all most certain result of loss of life on this road.

The local Cllrs want the full council (the out of town Cllrs) to ratifie this so that they preserve their own political integrity The safety audit conducted by KCC accepts that the road should be 50 kph but also states that the road should not have a continous white line so that cars passing stopped cars will not be breaking the law, this guys also means that cars passing moving cars will also no be breaking the law! There you go guys its acceptable to have cars overtaking at 50 kph in a residential area!

What have things come to in this country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

County Councillors have ZERO power. Sounds to me he/she was just keeping you sweet as a potential voter and constituent.
    It is not that they dont have power - the ability to generate significant amounts of publicity regarding deficiencies is quite a powerful tool- it seems to me that the majority of them do not want to upset Local authority management. One recent Lord Mayor of Cork simply dealt with numerous requests regarding a community issue by having his secretary reply to the effect that the correspondence had been passed to the relevant department. His secretary was unfailing polite and quick to respond to emails, but he did not once give the courtesy of a reply to the correspondence he received !"

Advertisement