Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Series Starting the 26th of June.

• 16-06-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Just to let ye know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Was at the filming of this.
    The guest was very entertaining and interesting.

It is more of what has always worked for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

And here. We. Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I want one of those Marauders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Alice Cooper was very good (and I normally skip/sleep through the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car bit) and seems like a genuinely nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Enjoyed the episode, seemed to be more of a sparkle than the previous series.

Maruader piece was excellent, James May was gas with the Mini! Banging the gears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Best episode in a long while and starting with the Marauder was genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

utter sh1te - seriously, other than the bit about the 1M the rest was pure nonsense. who cares about the Marauder its a truck not a car and do the british military really have nothing else to do but faff about to entertain JC ?

The bit about the Mini vs the girl was a rehash of rubbish they did before it's pure pants now. Used to be my favourite thing on TV when it was an actual car show - since its relaunch it just gets worse and worse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thoroughly enjoyed the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

RobAMerc wrote: »
    utter sh1te - seriously, other than the bit about the 1M the rest was pure nonsense. who cares about the Marauder its a truck not a car and do the british military really have nothing else to do but faff about to entertain JC ?

The bit about the Mini vs the girl was a rehash of rubbish they did before it's pure pants now. Used to be my favourite thing on TV when it was an actual car show - since its relaunch it just gets worse and worse.

You understand it's a entertainment show? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭xabi

Missed it, anyone know when the repeat is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Sitec wrote: »
    Just to let ye know
    Bollox.I missed it.Sickened:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Someone got out at
    the wrong side of bed this morning......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not a bad return, the Jaguar E Type 50th is worth a whole show on its own, the only bit I didn't care for was the tiresome Hammond doing his shtick. Oh and the BMW as lets face it I'll never drive one and they have no intrinsic interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Buffman

To the moaners Fair city was on RTE1 and I think Countryfile was on BBC1 if they're more your thing. I think at this stage we all know what to expect from TG, as in if you want serious car consumer advice TG is not the place.

I liked tonights episode.

Anyone else notice JC chatting up the girl? I wonder was it a dig at himself and his recent 'relationship' troubles?:D

I didn't like the way he interrupted the rally driver though, trying to be funny rude but just being rude.

It's on again 19.00 Wed BBC3 for those that missed it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Next Sundays episode isn't on till 11pm because of Wimbeldon. Shouldn't effect series link recording on Sky+ though!!

*Kol* wrote: »
    Next Sundays episode isn't on till 11pm because of Wimbeldon. Shouldn't effect series link recording on Sky+ though!!

Where'd you see that, according to the Beeb it's on as normal? If it's not on BBC2 NI it should be on one of the other BBC2s.
    1. 3 Jul 2011 20:00–21:00
      BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))

Series 17
      Episode 2

2/6. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May try to find the world's best hot hatchback.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Certainly shouldn't be affected by Wimbledon given it's only men's/doubles final day and over at the very latest of 6pm I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Amy Williams is awesome!

Amy Williams is awesome Hot!

FYP

Buffman wrote: »
    Anyone else notice JC chatting up the girl? I wonder was it a dig at himself and his recent 'relationship' troubles?:D

I didn't like the way he interrupted the rally driver though, trying to be funny rude but just being rude.

It's on again 19.00 Wed BBC3 for those that missed it.

He made reference to those troubles at the recording and dismissed them as daily mail b*llox. He also did the shtick with the girl a couple of times (someone else missed their line). He always does that....its part of his thing.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    He made reference to those troubles at the recording and dismissed them as daily mail b*llox. He also did the shtick with the girl a couple of times (someone else missed their line). He always does that....its part of his thing.

WHAT??

You... You mean...

IT'S SCRIPTED???

:D

Nah they ad lib it the first time and then if they c0ck it up, they just go for the same line again rather than say something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

That 1M, ahhh i'd give my left testicle for it....:D

Was a good show in fairness, although i think i'd prefer if hammond was'nt on it anymore, he gets more irritating with every episode

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just watched last night Top Gear, give me Amy Williams and that BMW 1M and id die a happy man,by god she is fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hammond is beginning to get on my tits too...i really dislike his commentary on items, i can't put my finger on it but i think he trys too hard to be cute & clever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yeah Hammond tries a bit too hard, but was ok this week.

The mini v amy was the only crap bit of the ep, just a repeat of what they've done before with an abortion of a car that has no right to be called a mini.

The rest made it the best show in 3 or 4 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Really enjoyed that as an entertainment show. Better than anything from the last season anyway.
    How much money to they spend per episode? They must have some budget.
    The Marauder piece alone they blew up a Hummer & smashed up 2 other cars driving over them in the carpark.
    Sitec wrote: »
    James May was gas with the Mini! Banging the gears!

He seemed to be enjoying that way more than he should, considering he is "Captain Slow"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

dfx- wrote: »
    Certainly shouldn't be affected by Wimbledon given it's only men's/doubles final day and over at the very latest of 6pm I'd say

This is half true.
    TG won't be affected by the tennis. It'll be on bbc2 while the tennis will be on bbc1.
    The mens final could be another classic as has been seen in recent years. I remember a few years ago when clarksons first line was along the lines of we know everyone was watching the epic tennis last week and so were we so its okay If you missed last weeks show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That Marauder was the business. Despite having a name that sounds like a nickname for an aging homosexual, it would be my car of choice for the zombie apocalypse. When I win the lotto tonight I'm definitely getting one.

Was Amy Williams the one that had the ripped suit at the winter olympics in the tandem sled? Funniest thing I've seen in years....

Used to be my favourite thing on TV when it was an actual car show - since its relaunch it just gets worse and worse.

Then why are you still watching it?

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    How much money to they spend per episode? They must have some budget.
    The Marauder piece alone they blew up a Hummer & smashed up 2 other cars driving over them in the carpark.

Ye, I was wondering the same. Looked like an Alfa & a Megane they smashed up. Second hand cars must be cheap in South Africa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Was Amy Williams the one that had the ripped suit at the winter olympics in the tandem sled? Funniest thing I've seen in years....[/QUOTE]

No that was the bobsleigh..
    oopsie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I almost PMSL at that one. I kept imagining her half way down the run thinking "It's a bit nippy today". :D
    Ye, I was wondering the same. Looked like an Alfa & a Megane they smashed up. Second hand cars must be cheap in South Africa!

No - A friend of a friend is married to a South African and apparantly they're expensive. I suspect that the Hummer and those cars were provided by the company that make the Marauder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

To judge the episode by the standards the show has set for itself...rubbish episode. The toys for big boys Hammond opener, the news was diabolical, the SIARPC was ok (about as good as they ever get), the recycled May short, & the Clarskson closing short was good up until the stupid display & colossal waste of money which will leave the remaining eps wanting in content. Given that this is the season opener, I don't hold out much hope for the rest of the shows to offer anything else.

But...

To judge the episode based on its timeslot & available contenders to watch? On Sundays at 8pm, I'll choose Top Gear. Every. Single. Time. An hour of ad free light entertainment? No contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I want one of those Growlers, just so I can say "I'm going outside to wax the Growler". :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Advertisement

Another good EP tonight. The 3 hatch bit was good, looked like good craic going around Monaco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Another good EP tonight. The 3 hatch bit was good, looked like good craic going around Monaco.

I thought it started better than last weeks one. Its a good idea to kick the show off with May or Clarkson, when it kicks off with a Hammond feature it gets dull. Very fast.

After that though it dipped severly, & actually for the first time I contemplated turning the tv off about half way through, it was a real struggle to watch that city car/ridiculous challenge bollox yet again. I'm glad I did battle on though, the Monaco feature redeemed the episode, & you could clearly see it meant a lot to Clarkson to drive the circuit.

Thats the problem with Top Gear I find, because of the excessive scripture, & characterisms, its so easy to look past the genuine moments in it these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

May's schooboy attempts to chatup the woman in the car had me in hysterics as did Hammond's usual farcical coming last on the points tally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement