Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to Meteor from O2 prepaid

Options
  • 16-06-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I switched to meteor prepaid today (from o2 prepaid), and only just realised that my number is different. I thought my number would be the same.

Can anyone advise if it is possible for me to get my old number back?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

They (meteor) could have made a mistake in which case your old number will still be active on the O2 SIM, check it in an O2 phone to see. New SIMs are dual purpose, they can be used on their own number or have a number from another network ported over onto them. If this happens the new number will go out of service and your old number will work on the same SIM card. Turn the handset off and on again to see this change.

Porting with most networks is 10am-6pm Monday to Friday, 10-4 weekends. If you bought it after about 5.30 it'll be midday tomorrow before it goes through.

If you can't get service on the O2 SIM on your old number OR on the meteor sim with your new number, then the port is stuck in limbo and needs to be forced through. Meteor can force it through manually.

Advertisement