Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complete Minecraft Noob!

• 16-06-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey there,
    I'm a complete noob to all this!:) Been watching various vids on YouTube for a good bit and caved into buying minecraft yesterday and I love it!!:D
    Don't know anything about any multiplayer servers or joining any of em, so any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!:)
    Also, how do i go about getting a different skin?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Hey there,
    I'm a complete noob to all this!:) Been watching various vids on YouTube for a good bit and caved into buying minecraft yesterday and I love it!!:D
    Don't know anything about any multiplayer servers or joining any of em, so any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!:)
    Also, how do i go about getting a different skin?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the wonderfull world of minecraft.
    To get a differant skin there are plenty of sites that you can download skins or even make your own.

How to change your skin.
    Make sure you are logged into your Minecraft.net account.
    Whn you log in you will see Profile at the top of the screen.
    You will then see a box with upload image. Just selct your skin and upload
    You can download skins here http://www.minecraftskins.info/ there are other sites too.

Also the guys on here have servers, 2 are creative servers (building stuff) and mine and cherryghosts servers are survival.
    Like singleplayer but with plugins so you can do more things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As said above, there's a few servers here already. Just go onto the threads and ask to be whitelisted (put on the list of people who can access the server). The first post of their threads here will have the IP address you type in to access them and any rules for the server.

Some will have slash commands such as /home or /kit. Ask on the threads for any help on these (I don't know what most of them do so can't rellay explain them). To use the commands, hit the "T" key and you can type messages to other players, or use the slash commands.

Since each server is run differently and for different types of gameplay, I can't really say what to expect in them. The general rule, just like everywhere on the internet, is "Don't be a dick!". Don't go around breaking other peoples constructions, stealing their stuff or generally being a jerk, and you'll get on fine.

A lot of servers will have community projects or there may be users building something and could do with a hand, so feel free to offer your services, or ask for help if you need it. The Boards server is about to be restarted, so if you can get on that, there'll be a load of community projects going.

There's plenty of links with information on the game. My particular favourite is http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting which lists all the recipes.

Also, for skins you can try this page: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/571250 It lets you design your own. And if you're as artistically challenged as I am, you can use pre-made parts to frankenstein your own skin. It's pretty cool, easy to use, and will let you either download the image files or automatically load them into Minecraft for you.

Above all else, remember that if you need something, or just have a question to ask then ask away. People are eager to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 UnwiseDuckling

Thanks jackoire and humanji for the help!!:D
    Cant wait to mess around with the skin when i get home from work!!:D Ill make sue tho join the servers too! Yay!
    Bye bye social life! Haha!:D

Advertisement