Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in galway

Options
  • 16-06-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

im moving to galway soon and looking at rent prices.. some are reasonable some not so much.. does anyone know is there sometimes room for negotiation with the price with landlords or do they usually stick to their original price.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

When I was looking to rent at the beginning of the year, the landlord wouldn't even come down 10eur a month :eek: 'Screw him' I thought... then a week later there was someone living in the apartment :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

depends what area you are thinking about moving to. the farther outside the city the lower the price will be and the more room there will be for negotiation. I know of two landlords who have had properties empty for a year and a half now!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

What part are you moving to?

Rent is generally lower for professionals/non students, so if it's a case that the rent is a bittt ridiculous and you're not a student, they might bring it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Friends of mine got a place down from 750/month to 700 a week ago when looking at a 2 bed place. Saved 600 Euro/year.
    There is definitely room for haggling (there always was) but really, it depends on the landlord.
    Some might not budge at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

looking for the west side of the city.. knocknacarra etc.. i know that area is known to be expensive or was anyways but any area that side of the city is good for me! (im a working professional and i drive so i dont mind how far i go out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

3 of us moved into a 3 bed on college road, it was originally 950/pm but we got him down to 875/pm

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

how about cherry park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Gal44 wrote: »
    looking for the west side of the city.. knocknacarra etc.. i know that area is known to be expensive or was anyways but any area that side of the city is good for me! (im a working professional and i drive so i dont mind how far i go out)

Depending on where you work, where you rent will make a difference due to traffic

Advertisement