Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting tiles costs?

• 16-06-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering; just got a quote from two guys recommended to me for tiling. Its 30-35 sq yards and the cost is €15 euro per sq yard - total cost they're going to charge €400; so €12 I suppose. Hows that sound pricewise? We are in Galway City?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

that's a hell of a price - Ask to see previous work though, don't want to end up with cowboys...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Glad to hear it's a good price. Now just to clarify, that doesn't include adhesives or grout; someone else was quoting for that as included in his price.... They did my parents kitchen and sisters house and the work in perfect. Just wanted to make sure it was a good price. So give them the job so eh?

Glad to hear it's a good price. Now just to clarify, that doesn't include adhesives or grout; someone else was quoting for that as included in his price.... They did my parents kitchen and sisters house and the work in perfect. Just wanted to make sure it was a good price. So give them the job so eh?

Normally, client would be supplying all materials to tiler - i.e. tiles, adhesive, grout, spacers, required trims etc.
    Due to the wide range of tiles available for all purposes, it would be nigh on impossible for a tiler to accurately price....
    I would recommend that you price all materials in advance, at least then you know exactly what job is going to cost you.
    Any tiling jobs I do, I insist that client supplies materials for these reasons, and there has never ever been an issue on any job because of this.
    Good luck with it.

Sorry, I meant that the quote for the €400 was for the tiling, I am supplying all materials which I have already purchased. would 400 be good for 35 sq yards?

• Advertisement

Yeah - As a rule I normally charge €15/m2 depending on the complexity, amount of cutting, insets etc., so youre getting it for €11.43/m2 - excellent price if you're sure of the quality - jump at it...... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

That price is cheap. Tilers are charging 18 euro a yard. Just check his work and be happy if it looks good.

Booked them in, thanks for your help lads

Sound - sure let us know how it goes....

Advertisement