Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in field behind charlesland beside old house

Options
  • 16-06-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Called fire station tonight re fire that broke out beside or at old charlesland derelict house. Seemed to start quite quickly like someone threw petrol on something as I happened to be looking out that direction from the back of my house and the flames shot up very quickly. Hope old house wasn't damaged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

Sparks115 wrote: »
    Called fire station tonight re fire that broke out beside or at old charlesland derelict house. Seemed to start quite quickly like someone threw petrol on something as I happened to be looking out that direction from the back of my house and the flames shot up very quickly. Hope old house wasn't damaged.

I witnessed 5 teenagers leave the scene having seen small amount of smoke. And having shouted at them they ran! It was behind the old house between house and shed behind large trees which quickly spread. I rang the police to advise small fire/ teenagers (didnt know if there was more of them)but then it quickly spread so they contacted the fire station. I also rang ballymore (owners of land) and advised them this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

We saw the police walking around for ages looking for something/someone in the field. Did u see what direction they ran off in. Little shi#s!! I thought the house was on fire at one stage the flames got so big for a moment then died down so I wonder did they throw petrol on something? Was then more worried the big trees would catch fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

They jumped the wall between the grove and park and ran down towards the spine road!

Advertisement