Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

open a SNES

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need to pop a SNES open to fix something in it, I dont have the correct tool to open the screws, has anyone any tips or suggestions of the handyest way to get the correct tool?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Get an old BIC biro, remove ink leaving just the clear plastic tube. Melt head of tube so the plastic is mouldable but not so melted that it goes drippy/thins out, place melty plastic onto the screw head and wait for it to cool down and harden - voila, instant screwdriver.

Failing that, get yourself a tri-wing screwdriver head from ebay or some other sites :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Get an old BIC biro, remove ink leaving just the clear plastic tube. Melt head of tube so the plastic is mouldable but not so melted that it goes drippy/thins out, place melty plastic onto the screw head and wait for it to cool down and harden - voila, instant screwdriver.

Failing that, get yourself a tri-wing screwdriver head from ebay or some other sites :)

No tri-wing on the Snes TV, it's a gamebit :)http://www.rewind-bits.co.uk/gamebit-4-5mm-236.html

Its either a 4.5mm or the 3.mm, I can't remember :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Wow nice idea with the pen, did you ever send time in prison, you would be a great shank maker.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    No tri-wing on the Snes TV, it's a gamebit :)http://www.rewind-bits.co.uk/gamebit-4-5mm-236.html

Its either a 4.5mm or the 3.mm, I can't remember :o

I will admit, I did google it. I didn't own a SNES :P

Advertisement