Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda 3DS

Options
  • 17-06-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone getting this? I'm tempted at the moment. Anyone know of any good deals on a 3DS around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh look, anather zelda game... Oh wait it's just anather rerereremake.

Sorry, I could not ressist :). Atleast something half decent out on 3ds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a rerereremake of one of the best games in history though. If i had a 3ds, i'd pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, it's the first thing that makes a 3DS worth owning. Being able to play the best version of the best game ever released while sitting on the toilet has to count for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Never played ocarina of time , would love to if i ever decide to get the 3ds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a really awful review of this in The Ticket today. I may have interpreted it incorrectly, but the reviewer seemed to be suggesting it was an entirely new game, which is an astounding mistake for a game critic to make. Got three stars because it takes 'too long to get going'.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,002 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There's a really awful review of this in The Ticket today. I may have interpreted it incorrectly, but the reviewer seemed to be suggesting it was an entirely new game, which is an astounding mistake for a game critic to make. Got three stars because it takes 'too long to get going'.

Hahahahahahahaha

/gasp

hahahahahahahaha

I really hope for hilarity's sake that's true.

Got my preorder in HMV. Going to pick it up after work along with Child of Eden (and my free tshirt!!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You're in luck: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2011/0617/1224299036537.html

No mention to it being a remake, but the ominous phrase "his latest instalment" and a general vagueness in the review suggests we're dealing with a critic who probably shouldn't be reviewing games. Also the fact that he frequently - in a ten sentence review nonetheless - calls it an RPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I'm gonna get it when i reduce my back log:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,002 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You're in luck: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2011/0617/1224299036537.html

No mention to it being a remake, but the ominous phrase "his latest instalment" and a general vagueness in the review suggests we're dealing with a critic who probably shouldn't be reviewing games. Also the fact that he frequently - in a ten sentence review nonetheless - calls it an RPG.

'the old-fashioned role-playing format '

Lolwut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Just ordered it there on Amazon €250 for the console & game.

If u have a GC or Wii; there's a version of Zelda : Windwaker which includes OoT as a free bonus -- AWESOME. ebay link here. Cheap enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If u have a GC or Wii; there's a version of Zelda : Windwaker which includes OoT as a free bonus -- AWESOME. ebay link here. Cheap enough!

Wow thanks alot mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do, theres a reason its constantly in top 5 or #1 of the greatest games ever made lists, because it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Gonna play this in a couple of hours, I'm way too excited considering the number of times I've played through this game...maybe it's because I'll finally play my 3DS a bit! And Resident Evil: The Mercenaries is out in two weeks, so it's gonna get played to death.

I'm surprised Joe Griffin's review was so poor, his stuff is usually decent.

ScrewAttack's Stuttering Craig has put up a surely divisive but extremely considered review of OoT on the 3DS.

http://screwattack.com/videos/Review-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Steky

Just picked it up today in GAME with the 3DS for €239.99. Really happy I did! Awesome game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Yep, it's the first thing that makes a 3DS worth owning. Being able to play the best version of the best game ever released while sitting on the toilet has to count for something.

IMO link to the past is the best one, but each to their own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did a big trade in and got the 3DS and Zelda today. Eyes are in bits but it's good to be back in Hyrule.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Steky

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did a big trade in and got the 3DS and Zelda today. Eyes are in bits but it's good to be back in Hyrule.
    Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about the 3D. Its grand when your just walking around and it actually really adds to the game. But when you have to do anything like a battle, it just gets in the way because I keep losing the sweet spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Damn this is good. Aiming with the screen is somehow better than the pad. There are some textures that look dreadful, yet when in 3D, Link pops our of the screen when he stands next to them, in comparison. I don't mean graphically better, (he obviously is) they just look so flat and he's...not flat. Hard to explain, but it's just an example of how perfect it is, even when it's not perfect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's amazing, absolutely amazing. The first game to convince me that 3D isn't just a flashy gimmick.

It's amazing, absolutely amazing. The first game to convince me that 3D isn't just a flashy gimmick.

That's brilliant to hear man. Are you using the motion controls; how is it working with 3D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Free soundtrack if you register on clubnintendo,only problem is they want a postcode and NO BT11AA does not work in any form.

Free soundtrack if you register on clubnintendo,only problem is they want a postcode and NO BT11AA does not work in any form.

It would appear that they've run out! Nintendo should have made it downloadable.

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/06/19/nintendo-3ds-limited-edition-zelda-ocarina-of-time-soundtracks-have-all-gone-in-europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I still want to find the Master Quest disc for Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Overheal wrote: »

I has it, you can has it if you pay me loads

Overheal wrote: »

There are loads on eBay, but I'd say you'll have to get it with Wind Waker. Which really isn't a bad thing, WW is great (unless you already have it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Worked for me, that is to say it spat up the usual 'invalid address' error when I used it, and then let me tick the 'turn off address check' box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Mr. K wrote: »

Seems they haven't run out....Just a mess up...and extended the US entry as well (which was supposed to be limited)

Would have been easier to just ship the cd's with the actual game to stores :pac:

Advertisement