Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH ban (but not disputed)

Options
  • 17-06-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not disputing my ban. I'd just like some clarification on current modding procedures.

I was banned for flaming in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056295051

The post has been deleted ( checked when not logged in).

Anyway, I took the piss out of a soccer fan.
    I don't deny that my comment was crass, but I'd like to point out that AH is not really the place for class.

My comment was about soccer players who died over 40 years ago.
    Is there a time limit on taking the piss out of supporters of people who died?
    If someone was to start a thread about the titanic, would someone be banned for replying to the OP by replying "Lol. They died"?

Now take into account that this was a thread in AH, and not in the Soccer forum.
    It was about two non-entities (one of whom is the son of a former Man United player). Two people who court the media for their own gain.

Soccer fans tend to get angry if their team has the piss taken out of it. I played up on this by taking the piss (more than once) out of Man United in that thread.

Yes, this can be regarded as trolling, but it wasn't the Soccer forum. It was AH, where, as far as I remember, completely banned any threads about Soccer.

I could rant for hours. Instead I'll make it simple.

Paedo jokes are allowed in Cool Vids..., as are jokes about the holocaust.
    We can joke about the people who died on the Titanic.

We can't joke about Soccer players who died over 40 years ago because a Man United fan may take offense. Is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

If you are not disputing the ban, why open a thread in DRP?

You were banned for flaming, and rightly so.

That the topic was related to soccer is of no consequence whatsoever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since the ban isn't being disputed this doens't fall under the the DRP remit, so I've moved it to the more general Helpdesk.

Advertisement