Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCO shoes...slippery when WET!

Options
  • 17-06-2011 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Wondering if anyone has had similar problems...I wear nothing but Ecco shoes - they are just so comfortable...BUT...in the last year, I bought a pair of Receptor trainers/walking shoes and also, a pair of YAK shoes. They look good & feel good but in the wet, on any kind of a smooth surface, they are LETHAL...had several near misses of coming crashing down due to the massive slip factor in the wet in these. They are the only shoes I have the problem with and I have 5 or 6 other Ecco pairs with no problems. Anyone have similar issues and any suggestions...should I try return them direct to Ecco?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract is with the retailer, so that is where I suggest you start.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Not fit for purpose.

Return to shop and get refund.

Surprised with ecco....wouldn't turn me off them - sooo comfortable! Put it down to one bad design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

Wondering if anyone has had similar problems...I wear nothing but Ecco shoes - they are just so comfortable...BUT...in the last year, I bought a pair of Receptor trainers/walking shoes and also, a pair of YAK shoes. They look good & feel good but in the wet, on any kind of a smooth surface, they are LETHAL...had several near misses of coming crashing down due to the massive slip factor in the wet in these. They are the only shoes I have the problem with and I have 5 or 6 other Ecco pairs with no problems. Anyone have similar issues and any suggestions...should I try return them direct to Ecco?

To my surprise, I have read what you would have said something betrayal that ECCO would not let you know something of the part of its weakness and disadvantage.

I have never received any problems with my ECCO shoes for many years. I would suggest that you can try return your shoes to ECCO directly, as ECCO is responsible for looking after the quality and safety of your shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

gh1979 wrote: »
    To my surprise, I have read what you would have said something betrayal that ECCO would not let you know something of the part of its weakness and disadvantage.

I have never received any problems with my ECCO shoes for many years. I would suggest that you can try return your shoes to ECCO directly, as ECCO is responsible for looking after the quality and safety of your shoes.
    But they're not legally responsible to the consumer, the retailer is.
    The retailer is responsible for ensuring the products they sell meet certain standards which are reasonably expected. It's effectively irrelevant to the consumer if the manufacturer fails to meet the same standard since the retailer is ultimately responsible for choosing to sell those products. The retailer can relay any product concerns directly to the distributor/manufacturer to help them improve quality.

Bring the shoes back to the retailer. If there is a genuine problem which is covered by the consumer legislation then the retailer is legally required to sort it, the manufacturer is not (except for warranties).
    If that doesn't work then you can try approaching the manufacturer, they might offer you some discretionary help as part of their customer service policy but then again they might not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

slimjimmc wrote: »
    But they're not legally responsible to the consumer, the retailer is.
    The retailer is responsible for ensuring the products they sell meet certain standards which are reasonably expected. It's effectively irrelevant to the consumer if the manufacturer fails to meet the same standard since the retailer is ultimately responsible for choosing to sell those products. The retailer can relay any product concerns directly to the distributor/manufacturer to help them improve quality.

Bring the shoes back to the retailer. If there is a genuine problem which is covered by the consumer legislation then the retailer is legally required to sort it, the manufacturer is not (except for warranties).
    If that doesn't work then you can try approaching the manufacturer, they might offer you some discretionary help as part of their customer service policy but then again they might not.

Thanks for advising me. I sincerely appreciate that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

Bought a pair of Ecco boots a few years back and they were LETHAL when it was raining - could only ever wear them on dry days - if you wore them out on a dry day and it starting raining, you were in trouble!!

Eventually gave up and threw them out, never even thought of bringing them back, but i wouldn't have had my receipt of anything.

Thing is, i have a few other pairs of boots and shoes etc that when it is raining you have to be careful particularly you don't slip and slideif you walk into a shop or something ..... should all these be returned to the retailer?? the shoes are fit for the purpose intended only the soles get a bit slippery when its raining.

Although I never remember anything as bad as my Ecco boots - like trying to walk on an ice rink when it was raining!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

I've had this problem too with ecco shoes though I've never thought to return them. In hindsight I should have.

Advertisement