Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a female point of view/perspective?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Think it's pretty obvious who the men are I was referring to with "we". When I start using terms such as "all male boardsies," then you'll have an understandable criticism with regards to my choice of words.

Just on something you mentioned in the Helpdesk thread, would the female posters who have problems with tLL feel comfortable posting on this Feedback thread? It would do the case a big service if they spoke up now.

Not that it means that there is anything wrong with tLL. Many users don't post on tGC as it doesn't interest them and a good few have been banned because they don't get, it isn't AH.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Wibbs wrote: »
    No? OK here's why... Oh right this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056290742 Oh and what was the title of said thread? You missed that part Ted. "Foreign girls are so much friendlier then Irish girls". Now what kind of thought process occurs to someone who thinks that's what passes for OK in the Ladies Lounge in Ireland? Seriously. Do I need to break out the crayons to explain? Now that OutlawPete is what "beggars belief" that anyone would have to. That's why I wrote "FFS"

+1 That's why I wrote "FFS"

+2 Not exactly posting much either Ber.
    That's why I wrote "FFS"

well @ least you've explained yourself...wasn't that hard now was it:confused:

This in such a big way. There are a couple of forums I rarely read or post in. Either I don't get much out of the general thread topics, or I don't like the moderation, or in my personal opinion there's more opinion than fact, or the forum subject simply doesn't interest me. Big deal. That's my problem, not the forums in question, or how such forums are run. If the locals want to change or not then cool beans. So long as there's nothing reportable and nothing against the overall vibe of Boards.ie then it's none of my beeswax. I don't get the horn listening to the sound of my own keyboard complaining about it. I simply don't post or lurk. I don't set out to deliberately wind myself up over it.

are you suggesting outlawpete does:confused:
    Imagine a low post newbie Boards user comes on here and complains they don't like the site and how its run and 5 people agreed/thanked their post, or if a low post Christian/Muslim/Jew/whatever started complaining about how the atheist forum was run? I'd put money most of us, mod, user, admin, founder, including the tiny number of male posters on this thread and others would scratch their heads and direct them to the exit.

And that's why I wrote "FFS". It sums it up for me.

i disagree, if posters complained without backing up their arguement then maybe...you seem to infer that noobs have less of an opinion than seasoned posters...
    I honestly don't see how it's confusing D. I really really don't. :confused: The points of view of women. The points of view of people with internal gonads and breasts.

thanks for explaining what constitutes a woman, in your opinion.

Whatever that point of view or views happens to be. In the same way the cycling forum is for people with two wheeled vertical self propelled vehicles*. I'm sure horse riders and motorists post there, but not about engines and fetlocks.

wouldthey be banned for saying irish bikes are horrible looking....or irish horses not as friendly as the Aga Khans... methinks you're missing the point.

It's like a number of men are really confused or even pissed off at "how dare there be a forum where I can't(for example) suggest Irish women are fat/unfriendly or feminazis and not get banned?"

total fallacy
    One of your fellow supporters OutlawPete seems to stumble at that particularly obvious hurdle.

who is this you speak of:confused:
    Honestly D that's where my WTF? came from. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

oh yeah...i see all your female supporters....:rolleyes:

outlawpete suggests that others support his stance yet its claimed women don't agree aren't vocal...i don't see woman clambouring to agree with your assumptions

Glad you explained your WTF comment though, it was at the very least discourteous.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

K-9 wrote: »
    Just on something you mentioned in the Helpdesk thread, would the female posters who have problems with tLL feel comfortable posting on this Feedback thread? It would do the case a big service if they spoke up now.

After the Liah thread [liah thread 1]? No. There clearly is very little point.

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I mean, don't think for yourself and take it at face value,

so its untrue then? a mod didn't lock a thread, as an admin, in her own forum?
    gloss over the ins and nuts of why that came to pass, don't bother reading the threads in question.

i did read the thread in question ,does it matter though??-

i wasn't aware a mod could lock a DRP thread that involved herself...

Shur what would you need all that for, Ted?

shur theres no need to be so dismissive mrs doyle:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I dont understand why you don't have it as a private forum. In that case men wont feel obliged to wade in and defend their sex etc in the tll and then be told that their opinions are not wanted because they are men. It appears to me that often the "womans viewpoint" card is occasionally played to shut people up who make good points.

I don't really get that, if a woman made those points would they be told to stop? A woman easily could do so.

I dont often post there, I lurk mostly. I honestly don't know if my contributions, if they fly in the face of what women are saying, would be welcome, hence I rarely post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

thebullkf wrote: »
    so its untrue then? a mod didn't lock a thread, as an admin, in her own forum?
    Where did I say or even imply that wasn't the case? You're framing it, with your mock shock, as though there were shenanigans afoot - that's what I'm referring to.

After the Liah thread [liah thread 1]? No. There clearly is very little point.

Was it a feedback thread?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Was it a feedback thread?

Yes. Sorry I dont know if its ok to drag up old threads over here so I wont do a search and display.

Where did I say or even imply that wasn't the case?

here:
    Ah yeah, I mean, don't think for yourself and take it at face value,
    You're framing it, with your mock shock,

sweet jeebus, now you're telling me how I feel. get over yourself... do you actually read what you've written :confused:
    as though there were shenanigans afoot - that's what I'm referring to.

where did i mention shenanigans...yet again, you do what you do best- put your own spin on things.

you're framing it.

and not for the first time on this thread either.

enough of your snide remarks please.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I dont understand why you don't have it as a private forum. In that case men wont feel obliged to wade in and defend their sex etc in the tll
    :confused:

Again this allegation, but maybe this time my question will be answered: when are men attacked to the point that they have to defend their gender? Could you provide examples?
    and then be told that their opinions are not wanted because they are men.
    Smell of troll off this one is overpowering. If men's opinions in there are not wanted because they are men... how the hell are there a number of men posting regularly in there? :confused:

Men who start threads/write posts whose purpose are to rile, who start threads/write posts demanding that women explain stuff done by members of their gender, who are pushing an agenda... it's what's being written that is the issue, not the fact that it's men who write it. As for the "Well men experience it too" stuff - does that not look blatantly like a challenge? It's akin, in my opinion, to marching into the Christianity forum to start a thread calling all catholics to give their views on the industrial schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Ah yeah, I mean, don't think for yourself and take it at face value, gloss over the ins and nuts of why that came to pass, don't bother reading the threads in question. Shur what would you need all that for, Ted?

Classic Freudian slip there. You have men on the brain Dudess, even subconsciously you cannot stop thinking about us ;)

In regards to this thread, donfers does make some very good points. It actually reminds me of the thread about having clubs exclusively for women (I think it was started in relation to an all female book club or something like that), which pretty much condoned segregation and destroyed the whole gender equality debate from a females perspective. Btw I'm not lumping The Ladies Lounge into that bracket at all, but I do think that debates tend to lean to one side and in some cases male posters are sometimes treated with contempt. Unlike The Gentleman's Club where both genders get treated equally for the most part.

Yes. Sorry I dont know if its ok to drag up old threads over here so I wont do a search and display.

Think I remember it, thought it was more about AH though. I'll have a read through it later and see how many female posters had a problem with tLL.

tGC has a pretty small user base too considering the make up of Boards, though it's different again from tLL.

Think I remember it, thought it was more about AH though. I'll have a read through it later and see how many female posters had a problem with tLL.

Yeah it was about AH, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

:confused:

Smell of troll off this one is overpowering.

Ah yes, Dudess, the one that ridicules anyone that accuses female posters of being feminazis.

Yet if anyone has a differing opinion to you, they are of course, trolls.

Isn't accusing people of trolling against the boards charter or something?

Dudess if you are going to call me a troll I don't see any point in having a discussion, I'm quite fed up of your snide comments you all to frequently aim at people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No? OK here's why... Oh right this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056290742 Oh and what was the title of said thread? You missed that part Ted.

I didn't miss anything Jack and unless you want me to call you Dougal, then less of the Ted, yeah.
    "Foreign girls are so much friendlier then Irish girls". Now what kind of thought process occurs to someone who thinks that's what passes for OK in the Ladies Lounge in Ireland? Seriously. Do I need to break out the crayons to explain?

Who do you think you are talking to? You are in the Feedback section of a Dicussion forum, where issues that users have with moderation are being discussed. Do you really think it is appropriate, as a moderate of a forum being discussed, for you to be questioning someone's intelligence by implying they have a child's level of understanding? You really need to question how you are interacting with users on this site Wibbs, with regards to moderation matters at least.

If you were correct here with what you are saying, then your condescending tone might be somewhat understandable, but you couldn't be more wrong, that's what makes it most objectionable.

1) The guy that got the week's ban was NOT the OP of the thread, so it is of ZERO relevance that the thread went on to be (rightly) locked.
    2) The guy was "ON-TOPIC" with his post!

As I say, one-week ban for that - beggars belief.
    Now if 50 people were complaining and another 50 were thanking such complaints ..

See my point re: World Cup Thread. If we waited for 50 AH users to come to Feedback to complain, we would still be waiting.
    Imagine a low post newbie Boards user comes on here and complains they don't like the site and how its run and 5 people agreed/thanked their post, or if a low post Christian/Muslim/Jew/whatever started complaining about how the atheist forum was run? I'd put money most of us, mod, user, admin, founder, including the tiny number of male posters on this thread and others would scratch their heads and direct them to the exit.

Yeah, cause that's comparable.
    .. "how dare there be a forum where I can't(for example) suggest Irish women are fat/unfriendly or feminazis and not get banned?". One of your fellow supporters OutlawPete seems to stumble at that particularly obvious hurdle.

Unbe-fcuiking-lievable! Are you serious??

When did I on this thread or the other TLL thread here last week say that I want to be allowed to abuse women or get away with posting nonsense generalities?? It's the same old strawmanning and muddying of the water Wibbs. You know DAMN well that I said no such thing, in fact I spoke out against that crap earlier in the thread. Quit misrepresenting my posts and my points, cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

well @ least you've explained yourself...wasn't that hard now was it:confused:
    Frankly I can say for myself I'm blue in the face explaining it to the same few people time and time again and time and time again it's just not getting through. Hence my FFS post.
    are you suggesting outlawpete does:confused:
    How many keystrokes have been triggered by this topic from certain men? And lord knows my keyboard is polished to a glassy finish so I'm used to reading large tracts of text.
    i disagree, if posters complained without backing up their arguement then maybe...you seem to infer that noobs have less of an opinion than seasoned posters...
    I don't infer I would state quite categorically that for me newbies opinions will carry less weight than seasoned posters. And regular members opinions carry more weight than drive by lurkers. It's called logic and basic manners. You don't barge into a strangers convo in a pub and start denigrating their group or argument. If you did you'd not expect to be listened to. You get out what you put in. However I would welcome input from newbies who were as you said backing up their arguments and if they were women. You know, cos it's the ladies lounge.
    thanks for explaining what constitutes a woman, in your opinion.
    You know many men with internal gonads and breasts?
    wouldthey be banned for saying irish bikes are horrible looking....or irish horses not as friendly as the Aga Khans... methinks you're missing the point.
    I'm missing the point? Eh hello? [point]
    <country mile>
    some on this thread. They would likely be banned if they came into the cycling forum complaining about cyclists on the road, or coming onto a thread about "what bike should I get" with the retort, "you should buy a car".
    total fallacy
    Really? OutlawPete quite clearly stated that "it beggers(sic) belief" that a man should be banned for starting a thread entitled "Foreign girls are so much friendlier then Irish girls" or commenting on said thread with "I find the ones that wear those ridiculous sunglasses are the worst.". You really think that thread is fine? Jesus. The 12 women who thanked it's closure and the others who reported it and the posts in it surely didn't.
    who is this you speak of:confused:
    One of the guys you support in this.

The guy whose post you quote here;
    outlawpete suggests that others support his stance yet its claimed women don't agree aren't vocal...i don't see woman clambouring to agree with your assumptions

On the women clamoring to agree or not? Cool. Then they should come on here or PM someone. Like I said before, you get out what you put in. I suspect the majority of everyday members of the tLL community simply don't care and the ones who do want changes don't seem to care enough. We're not psychic ladies. PM one of us if you don't want it to be out in public or descend into a back and forth feedback rant fest(Which I well understand too). Or post in the private sub forum in tLL where ye're likely already members. If not PM one of us and you will be.
    Wolfe Tone wrote:
    I dont understand why you don't have it as a private forum. In that case men wont feel obliged to wade in and defend their sex etc in the tll and then be told that their opinions are not wanted because they are men.
    What I don't understand WT is why it should have to be private. :confused: Why the hell can't some men simply stop themselves from the urge to post in there or complain elsewhere about a place they don't like. It really is headscratching stuff. It really is.:confused:X1000

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

When did I say the definition of feminism is "man-hating"?

I refuse to even entertain your snide remarks in that post.
    Meh, refuse to answer, whatever. I think it's reasonable to ask for clarification as to what you mean by "feminists". You said Boards has a lot of feminist posters - it's not unfair to say that you don't take into consideration the fact that feminism is extremely broad and many feminists can be reasonable. You clearly only zone in on the very negative aspects of feminism (which exist, don't get me wrong) and that's your definition of it. So where on Boards.ie are these angry discussions by women about men? Where are these women that start anti men threads? When it comes to this topic, you say stuff based on assumptions quite a bit, but you never actually produce examples. There aren't militant feminist threads started on Boards, there aren't attacks on men. What you WILL see on Boards (just AH) is unfair sh1t about women - women will, naturally, defend themselves (surely there's nothing unreasonable about that?) and it seems that is what you're referring to when you moan about "the feminists", then it escalates into a big war and the thread is locked - because of things being so heated. But this then gets misinterpreted as preferential treatment of women.
    And when women object to attacks on feminism, it's not because they don't think there aren't problematic aspects to it (they should do, if they don't) but because this huge term is being used merely to signify man-hating and that all feminists are the same.
    I am more concerned with the fact that you could get banned for a simple "bitches be crazy" joke comment on AH.

Which is why I moan really.
    I don't agree with modding of jokes either - I definitely don't agree with moderation of "Go into the kitchen and make me a sandwich" stuff. But sometimes it can be a difficult call as the lines between joking and trolling can blur.
    donfers wrote: »
    oh and not surprisingly some posters have completely missed the point in their efforts to be seen to be defending the honour of tll
    It's not "defending the honour", it's just people being sick of "The Ladies' Lounge is anti-men - I know men can post there but it's anti-men! :mad:" sentiment. I know your opening post wasn't that, but other posts here are. Again, I interpret the "Women's point of view" thing as "Don't start threads pushing an agenda, starting a gender war" etc - maybe, as metrovelvet says, the wording should be changed. You did imply though that men get slated in there, hence you feeling compelled to defend your gender - this accusation is made quite a bit, with no proof. It's grossly unfair, because men do NOT get slated in there. The only time I've ever read a "Typical men do xyz" stupid comment is when it's made by someone who is subsequently warned for it.
    sigh.
    Could you elaborate? Cryptic one-word replies aren't much use.
    more man-hating..:confused:
    Sorry, what?
    sweet jeebus, now you're telling me how I feel. get over yourself... do you actually read what you've written :confused:
    where did i mention shenanigans...yet again, you do what you do best- put your own spin on things.
    you're framing it.
    But why did you highlight an admin, also a Ladies' Lounge mod, closing a Help Desk thread about moderation in the Ladies' Lounge despite the fact there's a lot more to it than that? It sounds scandalous n' all but anyone who reads it will see the member was plenty given his say, but it was just going around in circles, and eventually getting closed is what happens to such threads.
    Raekwon wrote: »
    Classic Freudian slip there. You have men on the brain Dudess, even subconsciously you cannot stop thinking about us ;)
    Freudian predictive text. :pac:

Yeah I think about men a lot - because I feckin' love 'em! :p
    I do think that debates tend to lean to one side and in some cases male posters are sometimes treated with contempt. Unlike The Gentleman's Club where both genders get treated equally for the most part.
    I definitely see men giving their male point of view on The Ladies' Lounge (and would hate if it was any other way) just not a certain type of point of view - that which challenges women to justify what other women do, or to justify unfairness experienced by men. That is simply passive-aggressive agenda-pushing - how can anyone not see that?
    I think the "female point of view" thing should be done away with, and replaced with something like "This isn't for men to grind an axe". The only time I see men get reprimanded in there is because they are aggressively imposing a view that is, directly or indirectly, hostile against women.
    Also re the "Men's views aren't welcome because they're men" (:rolleyes:) lie: a few times, a woman, usually a woman who seems angry towards men anyway, starts a thread bemoaning men having access to the Ladies' Lounge - and is always roundly blown out of the water... mostly by women. If the Ladies' Lounge didn't welcome any male voices at all, I for one most certainly would not post there.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

you're assuming something must of happened for it to be the way it is.... what if your assumption is wrong.:confused:

well I definitely saw a number of them when I first joined the site.

And even if it wasn't a big problem, whats the problem with tLL put down a rule from the get-go that says "we're not the agony aunt forum"?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

What I don't understand WT is why it should have to be private. :confused: Why the hell can't some men simply stop themselves from the urge to post in there or complain elsewhere about a place they don't like. It really is headscratching stuff. It really is.:confused:X1000

I honestly think you are missing the point Wibbs.

While I accept that TLL is for the most part for a woman's point of view, the opinion of a male poster shouldn't be cast aside as such.

I also think that there are a good few regular posters on the forum that strike up interesting debates. It isn't a posters fault if they choose to disagree with the content of that thread and be infracted or banned for that opinion(as long as it isn't flaming or trolling obviously).

However, there are a good few TLL regulars who seem to complain about posts in AH, now why bother going to AH if you are going to complain about the content?

• Advertisement

What about the rest of my post Wibbs? About me not being sure when it is ok to give my opinion? I'd like to post there more, interesting topics and all, but I'm unsure whether or not my opinions will be welcome unless they are pretty much consensus.

if anyone has a differing opinion to you, they are of course, trolls.
    Nope - would never suspect someone of being a troll merely because of a different opinion to mine, there'd have to be WAY more to it than that. Anyway, what Wolfe Tone wrote is not an opinion, it's a blatant fallacy - that men's opinions in The Ladies' Lounge are not welcome because they are men. He knows that's not the case yet still said it - completely inflammatory thing to say and looks totally trollish to me.
    Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Dudess if you are going to call me a troll I don't see any point in having a discussion
    What you said was completely false and unfair and of course you can't provide examples, so having the "troll" bit of my post to gloss over that was handy I'm sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Do you really think it is appropriate, as a moderate of a forum being discussed, for you to be questioning someone's intelligence by implying they have a child's level of understanding?
    When someone has difficulty with something as basic as "if you don't like it don't post" one does begin to ask questions.
    You really need to question how you are interacting with users on this site Wibbs, with regards to moderation matters at least.
    Thanks. I'll take that under advisement.
    If you were correct here with what you are saying, then your condescending tone might be somewhat understandable, but you couldn't be more wrong, that's what makes it most objectionable.
    In your opinion. But hey that's cool too, if a bit tiresome at this stage.
    1) The guy that got the week's ban was NOT the OP of the thread, so it is of ZERO relevance that the thread went on to be (rightly) locked.

As I say, one-week ban for that - beggars belief.
    Hmmm so you agree the thread was wrong and was rightly locked yet being on topic on the same wrong thread was OK? So if someone responds to a troll thread agreeing with said troll and adding to it that's OK with you then? Ooookay...
    Yeah, cause that's comparable.
    Again I genuinely feel nothing will be for you. You have a bee in your bonnet and a bone in your mouth and you just wont let it go. No matter what is said or done IMHO. Save for maybe the ladies lounge be remade in your image of what it should be and a couple of the mods of same fall on their swords. You're coming across as a tad obsessive and irrational about tLL at this stage. Seriously OP let it go. I really don't see what you want. I mean you've never even been banned from tLL. :confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

While I accept that TLL is for the most part for a woman's point of view, the opinion of a male poster shouldn't be cast aside as such.
    You know it's not just any male opinion, it's a particular type of one - a one that's obviously an attempt to start a flame-war or grind an axe, we've been over it. And it's about the post, not the man who posted it. The argument that it's because he's a man is flimsy as feck when men can post there.
    It isn't a posters fault if they choose to disagree with the content of that thread and be infracted or banned for that opinion(as long as it isn't flaming or trolling obviously).
    Obviously people don't get reprimanded for merely disagreeing - you know there is always a lot more to it than that. When have you ever seen someone get admonished for a post that says "Oh no I disagree with that - and here's why"?
    However, there are a good few TLL regulars who seem to complain about posts in AH, now why bother going to AH if you are going to complain about the content?
    Better still - why can't the unpleasant, clearly non joking posts about particular groups (not just women, any group - men too on the rare occasions it happens) on AH be clamped down on rather than posters feeling they can't go in there? Not a valid comparison anyway seeing as men are NOT made to feel like they can't go into The Ladies' Lounge. There isn't a culture there of making men feel unwelcome - that's in the head, or else resentment that men can't post stuff that is incitement to a gender war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

you think that post was ok?

The topic was Foreign girls are friendlier that Irish girls. He posts a picture of a woman, who quite possibly is Dutch considering she looks to be wearing the Dutch jersey, as an example of the worst kind of rude Irish girl.

His rationale? Sunglasses. It's just a daft comment. Women who wear large sunglasses are the rudest of the Irish women. It's not adding anything to the discussion. Just someone got a chip on their shoulder because he possibly had a woman be rude to him, who coincidentally wore large sunglasses.

If you can read this, you're too close!

No, to be honest, I don't think that guy should have been banned for a week for the sunglasses post - I think it seems extreme. Is there more to it than that? It was a stupid post though, and I definitely wouldn't blame a mod for flagging its stupidity - but it was the post that was the issue, not the gender of the person who posted it, despite some folks liking the idea that it was all about gender.

And a thread "Irish girls versus foreign girls" (incidentally, where's "foreign"?) with the premise being that foreign girls are much friendlier - holy sh1t. No way for a second do I believe the person posting that on the Ladies' Lounge on an Irish forum didn't expect it to rile. Even if, in his and other posters' experience, it's the truth - so what? Those Irish women who aren't rude don't have to answer for those who are, don't have to put up with themselves being lumped into that category. All it was gonna do was start a sh1t-storm - that alone, irrespective of any gender question, was enough justification for locking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

From reading that forum for the past few weeks it seems most blokes posting there are just looking for kudos from the female posters.

It screams "I know and understand women" = like me please.

I know where a woman's clitoris is btw in case anyone thinks I am not up to date with women and stuff.

There's that I'm sure from some men, but men actually have an interest in the topics there too, otherwise they wouldn't be posting so comprehensively.

Saw on the Saudi women thread "Saudi males get treated worse" - like, it's about Saudi women. If it was a thread on The Gentlemen's Club about Saudi men, I wouldn't see the logic in sauntering in with what it's like for Saudi women. I know men in TGC are disgusted by what happens to women there and that a non mention of their plight isn't a non acknowledgement of it. If someone wants to discuss the experiences of both genders in Saudi Arabia, why not start a thread in Humanities?

• Advertisement

This post had been deleted.
    He subsequently complained about the ban. Totally incredulous at the reasons for the ban. Myself I was incredulous at his incredulity. Another FFS moment when I was reaching for the playtex and the bic lighter. Seriously how in gods name did he think a thread moaning about Irish women would go down on a (largely) Irish women's forum? TBH I actually hope he was trolling. For his sake.
    Permabear wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Yep and you'd be in the vast majority on that score too P.
    Dudess wrote:
    You know it's not just any male opinion, it's a particular type of one - a one that's obviously an attempt to start a flame-war or grind an axe, we've been over it. And it's about the post, not the man who posted it. The argument that it's because he's a man is flimsy as feck when men can post there.
    +1
    Better still - why can't the unpleasant, clearly non joking posts about particular groups (not just women, any group - men too on the rare occasions it happens) on AH be clamped down on rather than posters feeling they can't go in there? Not a valid comparison anyway seeing as men are NOT made to feel like they can't go into The Ladies' Lounge. There isn't a culture there of making men feel unwelcome - that's in the head, or else resentment that men can't post stuff that is incitement to a gender war.
    hammer-nail.gif
    That IMHO is the undercurrent to a fair bit of this stuff. Not all, but a fair bit. The feeling among some that Boards and especially AH, "their" AH has become too "PC" and restrictive overall and "feminist" and that tLL is at the vanguard of the latter in some way. Like I say just my feeling on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement