Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair product recommendations for reeeally dry hair?

• 17-06-2011 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys,

can anyone recommend any good hair conditioners/moisturizers? I straighten my hair pretty much all the time and i dye it probably every 5 months or so, except im trying to stop that now. but my hair is very dry and i feel like ive tried every product under the sun but is there anything that anyone could recommend?

also can anyone recommend any foundation because i cant afford to buy benefit foundation all the time:D

THANK YOU!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better here, I reckon

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Have you tried VO5 Hot Oil treatment?

I have very thick, straight hair, and I dye it due to greys which means it gets dry when the colour is starting to fade.

When that happens, I pop one of those on my hair before washing and it really helps.
    Think that they are one of those 'One sold every minute' thingys. I think they are great, and not very expensive.

Can't advise about foundation, sorry. The one I buy would be around the same price range as Benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Moroccanoil for hair. It's expensive but lasts ages.

Some No.7 foundations are good but you might have to look harder to find a good reasonably priced foundation. Having said that, I find that Benefit foundation seems to run out faster (and therefore works out more expensive) than Clarins or other similarly priced brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

There's a thread a few topics down from this one called 'Help my dry hair'.
    You should check out that thread for recommendations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Kimmy-XxX

I have my hair coloured ever 3-4 weeks and it's platinum blonde so I know all about dry hair. Literally the only thing that helps is 'Redken Anti-Snap' shampoo, conditioner and intensive treatments. There are a couple of different Redken lines but this one comes in navey blue packaging and is called anti-snap. It's expensive but really worth it. If you don't want to spend too much just get the intensive treatment and put it on once a week or only use the shampoo every second day. As far as I know it has protein in it which builds the strength of your hair and prevents it from breaking or being dry. You have to go to a good hairdressers to get it I always go to Peter Marks but other independent hairdressers do tend to stock them also. Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Anti snap is more for damaged hair rather than hair that's just dry. If you don't have damaged dry hair then the anti snap treatment would probably be too heavy for your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Have you tried the brand Aussie? They have some fantastic products for dry hair, including the famous 3-Minute Miracle deep conditioner, and they tend to be around the €4-6 price range. You can find them in most chemists and supermarkets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Hi, I would also recommend the VO5 Hot Oil treatment. I've blond highlights and my hair can get quite dry so i find the oil does the trick:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

If possible cut back on the straightner, if your trying to repair your hair with treatments then your sort of un doing it with the heat of the straightner again as its only casuing more damage. My hair used to be very dry and full of split ends as I used to use my GHD a lot. I only use heat on my hair now if Im going out, about once weekly at most. I have easy hair to work with I suppose as it doesnt require straightening but since I cut out the GHD and got a good trim on my hair the difference in huge!

Also on treathements: Olive Oil is as good as any of the branded oils if not better. Its thick and moisturising.I put about 3 tablespoons of the oil through the ends of my hair about once weekly. Tie it up in a bun and leave over night. It leaves it smooth, shiny and moisturised, Try it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Redken real control is wonderful stuff transforms my straw:D to silk.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Tayla wrote: »
    Anti snap is more for damaged hair rather than hair that's just dry. If you don't have damaged dry hair then the anti snap treatment would probably be too heavy for your hair.
    Yes true I only use this at the front of my hair where its damaged from constant blowdrying the parting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Try redken all soft, Aussie three minute miracle or moroccanoil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

orrfludio range of products are very good, about a tenner for shampoos but well worth it.
    a leave in conditioner would help too. and Moroccan oil is excellent too. Lots of treatments put one in once a week to help repair the hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

oh i would second redken allsoft, its brilliant and redken intensive treatments like silk fuel.. also morroccan oil, but its argan oil so you should be able to find a cheaper version of it... i find potion 9 by sebastian really good also.

Advertisement