Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari 348 driving experience on citydeal

Options
  • 17-06-2011 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

linky

Its not on a track though its around the public roads:
    ...with an instructor who will quietly remind the driver every ten seconds that they haven’t morphed into Michael Schumacher

Interesting way to pay for your new ferrari, spend a year letting Joe Public have a spin for €300 an hour! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Interesting way to pay for your new ferrari, spend a year letting Joe Public have a spin for €300 an hour! :D

€300 for an hour in a 20 year old car!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

and a dress code to drive it too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

If that includes the inevitable speeding fines then its a bit of a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

just rent this one for the weekend or 3 days during the week- 629 euro

http://www.heritagesportscars.com/price_list.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, you'd get far better deals in the UK. I was looking at one for £449 last night for six laps each in a:

- Ferrari 360
    - Gallardo
    - Porsche 968
    - Impreza WRX STI
    - Evo VIII

That's better then a few days in an old Mondial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

...with an instructor who will quietly remind the driver every ten seconds that they haven’t morphed into Michael Schumacher
    I can't believe they actually use that in the Marketing text...it would totally turn me off purchasing the voucher knowing the instructor is going to be giving out to me every time I try to hop it off the rev limiter.

I love how they use an image of a modern Ferrari (Enzo?) and then you end up getting to drive an ancient 348

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Wow, they actually did, I thought that was just the OP's comment. That completely ruins the whole point of it. I'm well aware I'm not Michael Schumacher, I'm probably not even as good a driver as some random kid who has done a few go-kart races, but why bother getting in a Ferrari if they're going to nag me every time I try and drive it a bit quick.

Has it not occured to them that the whole point of a Ferrari is speed. The good looks, great engine noises, and huge expense are really just side-products of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

and a dress code to drive it too!!!
    . Participants should wear trousers, long sleeved shirt and slim flat-soled shoes (pedals in Ferraris are close together). Drivers over 6ft may feel cramped.

Long sleeved shirt .... The kind of people their trying to keep aware will have those left over from a Court Case anyway.

Arse to that ... I'd spend the money on a track day in an MX-5 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

just rent this one for the weekend or 3 days during the week- 629 euro

http://www.heritagesportscars.com/price_list.htm

My wife looked into this sort of idea as a xmas present for me and as with that example you have to put 1k security deposit. The amount of forums she found where the companies claimed all sorts of supposed damage to the car, not many people getting it back really put her off.

Went and did track day in England instead, great crack in Aston DBS and Lambo Gallardo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I'd say your man would wreck your head in that thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Bit of a let down, maybe false advertising?

The citideal page has a Ferarri Enzo as the main picture. http://www.citydeal.ie/deals/dublin?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_215_0_0_0&utm_source=Deal_general_newsletter&utm_medium=All_Cities&utm_content=Initial_Version&utm_campaign=Varies

But the 348 is around 20 years old now, nowhere in the same league as an Enzo.

I was SOOOO close to buying it for myself, then a seen the 348:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I'd prefer to drive it on a track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

this would be sh1t in my opinion.
    a 20yo Ferrari would be an absolute pig round the city streets - probably turn most of the people who will buy this off the brand. And to ahve yer man sitting beside you telling you to slow down ever 2 minutes !!! :rolleyes:

Btw - I saw a 348 with some lad struggling to get it into gear there last week, must be this lot - I'd say he's sick, it was probably sh1t and half price now !

Advertisement