Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam Results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Skyrim wrote: »
    I would not mind getting them in the morning, provided the ITD can ensure people get their results with a minimum of fuss.

unfortunately that has never happened

surely at this stage ul can afford a server that doesn't crash every time results come around. I mean i imagine things like the visit of the Dali Lama (wasnt that streamed?) or the special olympics had higher traffic
    does anyone no if this happens to every other college or is it unique to ul...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I can't even get the login page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Funkstard

freyners wrote: »
    unfortunately that has never happened

surely at this stage ul can afford a server that doesn't crash every time results come around. I mean i imagine things like the visit of the Dali Lama (wasnt that streamed?) or the special olympics had higher traffic
    does anyone no if this happens to every other college or is it unique to ul...

Every single semester. Never heard of it happening from my friends who are in different uni's. They should package this nonsense and advertise it as part of the UL experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Someone in ITD should be given a beating for this.
    They know the expected demand and yet, year on year, they fail to be able to meet it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Oh well, ah we'll all get through it. :L I'll probably be sleeping a while this morning given McIlroy's historic win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

TheTownie wrote: »
    HAHA! Funny...

This happens twice a year every year.

True - but I'm hoping these will be my last EVER exams in UL...

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH I've progressed from annoyed to mad!!!!!!

Anyone else still unable to load the login page?
    503 error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

smilerxxx wrote: »
    503 error

Samesies over here. I was already on it 25mins ago, but the whole thing crashed.

I did not get my results,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

503 error

The spike in traffic has caused it to crash.

• Advertisement

PunkFreud wrote: »
    Samesies over here. I was already on it 25mins ago, but the whole thing crashed.

I did not get my results,

Ya i got in before 12, but after 12 was a no go!!! KNOBS!!!:mad:

And i'm probably causing some of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH I've progressed from annoyed to mad!!!!!!
    You need to relax smiler, your on the way to a breakdown :D
    Is there anyone that has actually accessed their results or are we all just wasting our time trying to gain access to them?

You need to relax smiler, your on the way to a breakdown :D

I know dude :(:(.. hate waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I can get in to the student portal but it still says "Viewing your results has been disabled as students are currently being graded. Results are unavailable until after Spring grading where results will available on June 20th 2011." so I guess we've to wait until tomorrow...

I can get in to the student portal but it still says "Viewing your results has been disabled as students are currently being graded. Results are unavailable until after Spring grading where results will available on June 20th 2011." so I guess we've to wait until tomorrow...
    First post. I cannot trust you >.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It does say that but it is now the 20th June. :p

Cheers, best of luck to everyone, hope ye all pass :)

:D:D LOL

That's fair enough after the last idiot that had their first post here :P Good luck to everyone anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Still not back up.

503 error.

Its not exactly rocket science to estimate how many hits the site will get, how is it possible ITD are able to **** up so much, so often?

EDIT: its just gone from a 503 error to a 500 error (Internal Server Crash)...

i think its going to be down for a while this time.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Still not back up.

503 error.

Its not exactly rocket science to estimate how many hits the site will get, how is it possible ITD are able to **** up so much, so often?
    I'm getting script again. Fingers crossed they'll be up soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

In the library I used to unplug the network cable on whatever computer I was sat at on the ground floor, to plug into my laptop, as the wireless is generally very poor when there's high demand in the library, and Mr. ITD walked past me, spotted the network cable and got angry and told me never to unplug it from the computers as it can bring the whole network down. So I'm assuming the entire network is connected in series, not parallel, one unplugged network cable brings the whole thing down :p No wonder it causes them so much difficulty!

https://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn

That link should work to get people in to student records but there's still nothing there. I really think it will be 9am at this point.

https://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn

That link should work to get people in to student records but there's still nothing there. I really think it will be 9am at this point.
    Yup, logged on no problem. Unfortunately you're right...

What a pity

• Advertisement

I've been blocked from my portal now for some reason... Said to contact SAA immediately...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sm124

if you check your transcript results are there.....got mine!!

sm124 wrote: »
    if you check your transcript results are there.....got mine!!
    Hmmm, transcript is unavailable for me

if you into the second option on the list on the side, student transcript is in there. maybe it's only for final years?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Honestly don't understand what the difference is and why they have to wait until 9am to release these results. How very "Irish".........

• Advertisement

user > full student transcript

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

I got mine too, it said they were generated on the 16th june so maybe they were there since then i don't know!

sm124 wrote: »
    if you into the second option on the list on the side, student transcript is in there. maybe it's only for final years?
    Yeah probably. I'm in 2nd year so that makes sense. I refreshed the page and its not there :(

I don't have a transcript option :-(

I can't see it either? I logged in, went into student records, but where to from there to view full student transcript?

And I am a final year if that makes a difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I a fourth year and cant get mine so thats that theory debunked

Methinks its time to give up...

maybe its loading in increments? per department or something..

So I'm nursing and midwifery whats everyone else?

non-visible for me - Engineering. We we actually given our degree awards already, as in 1.1 or 2.1 etc but don't have the individual results.

i'm gonna give it another bit... i'm wide awake anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Fairly sure they're not being released until 9am :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just woke up and couldn't help but check, no sign anyway. Guessing it will stupidly be 9. At least if it was hour or two earlier might not be such a mad rush as will be at 9 as people were gradually waking up.
    Someone was asking about other colleges. I know in my undergrad in trinity the different year were released on different dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brianbhoy1888

results are up for me...NOT JOKING

mine is there but when i click on it, all i get is a mountain of html code, any suggestions poeple?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

When I log in Its saying there are no active containers for this page???anyone no what that means?? theres no student record links or anything at the side just the logout buttin :confused:

I went into view results so far and managed to get them, very happy.
    Where do i check what the QCA means? i.e 2.1= 2.2= etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

My results are up but have to say is most confusing results i've ever seen. Why can't just give a nice percentage or grade. All this qca crap.
    Any sort of guide to the grades around, is it the same as leaving cert for the grade percentage wise.

Got the QCA calculations, but I dunno why I bothered for 1st year.

cruizer101 wrote: »
    My results are up but have to say is most confusing results i've ever seen. Why can't just give a nice percentage or grade. All this qca crap.
    Any sort of guide to the grades around, is it the same as leaving cert for the grade percentage wise.
    AFAIK, an A is 70% and above, a B is 55%-70% and a C is 40%-55%. Not positive, am open to correction on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JakeyGriff

YES!!! No repeats for the first time ever in college!!!!:D

Advertisement