Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted Kilkenny

Options
  • 17-06-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

We are researching Haunted Kilkenny for The History Press. Have you any Kilkenny ghost stories, old or new? If so, please help us out and get in touch via hauntedkilkenny@gmail.com. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

We're in the last month for researching this, ergo Im afraid I have to bounce this thread. Last call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I don't know whether this is of any use to you, Maccored, but it could be food for thought at the very least:

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/ireland/kilkenny.php Darren Mann runs this database.

There's actually an interesting article from The Journal last year, where two teenagers claim they captured photographic evidence of ghosts inside Kilkenny Castle:
    TWO TEENAGE TOURISTS claim they have real photographic evidence of a ghostly presence inside Kilkenny Castle.

Trishna and Monica Rehan (17 and 15 respectively) and their mother Patricia, who is originally from Kilkenny, were on holiday visiting their grandmother when they visited the castle, built in 1195, and took a photo on a mobile phone of an internal staircase.

The Office of Public Works, which manages the castle, does not allow photos – so rather than having a look at the photograph they took, the teenagers merely continued on their way.

It was only afterward that the teenagers noticed a bizarre white light that they couldn’t explain.

It was around 4pm on Monday evening and we were in the Castle. You are not allowed to take pictures but I decided that I wanted to take one anyway. I didn’t notice anything when I was taking the picture, it was only afterwards when I was having a look that I saw the ghost,” Trishna told the local Kilkenny People newspaper.

Monica added further intrigue to the claims by saying she had overheard a boy elsewhere in the castle say he had spotted a ghost. ”I heard a man telling someone about how a little boy had seen a ghost that morning in one of the bedrooms and I got a weird feeling when I was inside in the Castle,” she said.

“There was no light there when the picture was being taken, there was just a big empty stairs. The windows are tiny and I would have noticed the sun’s reflection if that is was caused the illumination on the photograph. I was dark enough inside when we were taking the picture and the phone had no flash.”

Full article: http://www.thejournal.ie/teenagers-claim-to-photograph-ghost-in-kilkenny-castle-2010-08/

Contact details for the Kilkenny People paper (who might be able to put you in touch with the Rehan family): http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/contact-us

It's also very likely the girls are on Facebook...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

cheers for that. I have an appointment to meet a fella from kilkenny castle so i'll ask him about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

I remember reading stories of ghosts in the castle park in kilkenny, another walking by the river there in the town centre. Also, there is Kytlers Inn, might be worth a look, and I have also heard of a shopping centre that has inexplicable things going on, PM me if you want details.

Advertisement